• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trent Valley Signalling Oddity (24/03)

This morning on 1A12 Liverpool - Euston, we were routed down the UTVF from Nuneaton to Rugby, before coming to a stop one signal short of Rugby P4, which was occupied for the following 15 minutes.

The driver swapped ends, we shunted back two signals back over Newbold Junction, before taking the UTVS instead and going through Rugby P5. Because of the time taken to do the shunt, we would’ve only lost about 5 minutes waiting for the platform to become free, and would only be 10L by Euston. As it was due to pathing time we didn’t lose any time, but it was just a bit of a curious shunt and situation.
We were told it was due to a signalling error by train staff.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Boodiggy

Looking at the log it seems there was a train in P4 that was not due to depart until well after your planned departure, so as your train has already passed Newbold jn, it was set back so it could get to P5 as booked.

sonic2009

Established Member
If 1A12 had waited for P4 to be come available, then you would of lost time travelling behind 2Y06 between Rugby and Wolverton/Milton Keynes.

I believe 2Y06 normally goes via Northampton but with the route closed for engineering works it waits time at Rugby.

QueensCurve

Established Member
If 1A12 had waited for P4 to be come available, then you would of lost time travelling behind 2Y06 between Rugby and Wolverton/Milton Keynes.

I believe 2Y06 normally goes via Northampton but with the route closed for engineering works it waits time at Rugby.
Hence the error is understandable.

Oh completely understandable, I was just confused why they chose to set us back rather than just accept the 10 delay arriving at Euston. No idea what the next working of 1A12’s stock was

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
Oh completely understandable, I was just confused why they chose to set us back rather than just accept the 10 delay arriving at Euston. No idea what the next working of 1A12’s stock was
Next journey was the 12:41 to Liverpool, giving it a booked 61 minutes in Euston.