• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trouble booking for future travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyJ

Im trying to book tickets from Harlow to Edinburgh on Sunday 10th September, but keep finding myself unable to find any advanced fares.

Am i needing to split the journey up (as i even searched going via Ely) but it keeps coming up no fares have been found for your journey.

Happy for any advice or to be told if i am inputting something wrong.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
I see what you mean: it doesn't seem possible to get Advances for journeys that include Harlow Town to Cambridge trains. (In particular, there are Audley End to Edinburgh Advances, but only if leaving Audley End on a train that has originated from Stansted Airport.) The cheapest option appears to involve some £35.50 Cambridge-Edinburgh Advances (in the time range 0800 to 1030, search without a "via" point and also search "via Ely" to show all the options), combined with a £13.40 Harlow-Cambridge ticket. NB it may also be worth searching "via Hitchin" and "via Stevenage".

It may be something to do with the fact that there are rail replacement buses between Harlow Town and Cheshunt on 10th September, plus train shuttles between Harlow Town and Bishops Stortford, Harlow Town and Cambridge, and Bishops Stortford and Stansted Airport.

Last edited:

SammyJ

I see what you mean: it doesn't seem possible to get Advances for journeys that include Harlow Town to Cambridge trains. (In particular, there are Audley End to Edinburgh Advances, but only if leaving Audley End on a train that has originated from Stansted Airport.) The cheapest option appears to involve some £35.50 Cambridge-Edinburgh Advances (in the time range 0800 to 1030, search without a "via" point and also search "via Ely" to show all the options), combined with a £13.40 Harlow-Cambridge ticket.

Thanks for all this information (and for finding prices) What booking system did you use - so i can try booking what you have suggested?

Romilly

Established Member
I was looking on Virgin Trains East Coast and on trainsplit.com

Status
Not open for further replies.