• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TUI Ski Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

citycat

With regard to the TUI Ski Express which runs every weekend from Amsterdam to the Austrian Alps, I would like to see this train as it makes a stop at Utrecht on its return journey which I presume is on a Sunday. I would like to see the stainless steel P class sleeping cars in the consist at close hand

Despite searching the internet, I cannot find a timetable for this train. Could anybody point me in the right direction of the timetable or tell me if it appears on vagonWEB somewhere which I have also searched without success.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Following the links given above , I found a Dutch page (PDF) with the info:
“De trein vertrekt vrijdagavond om 17:31 uur* vanaf Amsterdam CS en 18:10 uur* vanuit Utrecht CS naar Oostenrijk… * tijden onder voorbehoud”
= Friday evening 1731 from Amsterdam, 1810 Utrecht, times subject to change.
It also gives times in Austria there, and the return journey “De trein vertrekt zaterdagavond vanuit Oostenrijk en komt om 10:44 uur* aan in Amsterdam CS en 10:15 uur* in Utrecht CS”
= Saturday evening from Austria, and those times Sunday back in NL

StephenHunter

Established Member
The Type P sleeping cars were rebuilt in the 1990s to the more conventional AB30 design, but are still recognisable.

citycat

According to Simply Railway in this film Ski Train - Amsterdam to Austria you have to buy a package holiday to use it

More information here Tui Ski Express

Thanks for the reply and links but I don’t want to ride the train. I just want to stand on the platform to see it just like an old fashioned train spotter.

Following the links given above , I found a Dutch page (PDF) with the info:
“De trein vertrekt vrijdagavond om 17:31 uur* vanaf Amsterdam CS en 18:10 uur* vanuit Utrecht CS naar Oostenrijk… * tijden onder voorbehoud”
= Friday evening 1731 from Amsterdam, 1810 Utrecht, times subject to change.
It also gives times in Austria there, and the return journey “De trein vertrekt zaterdagavond vanuit Oostenrijk en komt om 10:44 uur* aan in Amsterdam CS en 10:15 uur* in Utrecht CS”
= Saturday evening from Austria, and those times Sunday back in NL

Great, that’s what I needed. Just the time in Utrecht. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.