• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Two day trip to the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

belfast_mike

Hi folks,

I was booked to travel on the Caledonian Tornado on November 3rd, this tour has now been postponed until 21st September 2011. :(

This now means I have two days ( 2 and 3 Nov ) in England and not much to do. Im staying at Crewe, does anyone know of if there is much freight in the area or places where there is likely to be freight or loco hauled trains/special workings?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4SRKT

Established Member
Hi folks,

I was booked to travel on the Caledonian Tornado on November 3rd, this tour has now been postponed until 21st September 2011. :(

This now means I have two days ( 2 and 3 Nov ) in England and not much to do. Im staying at Crewe, does anyone know of if there is much freight in the area or places where there is likely to be freight or loco hauled trains/special workings?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Get the WAG train at 07:33 to Cardiff. Loco hauled (57, so should be good for a Belfast boy to remind you of the 111s) and mk II stock. Return working is at 16:15. Booking in advance you can get it for £12 each way. In Cardiff there's plenty to see and do, including the bubble car on the Cardiff Bay shuttle. Maybe there's some sort of Cardiff area day ticket like a WY Day Rover or I-Link.

Alternatively get yourself to Wrexham or Shrewsbury and take the WSMR class 67 hauled mk III stock to Marylebone and back. This is a real treat and £10 advance singles are available.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.