• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

veg... what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

P156KWJ

Established Member
Hi,
To save me from feeling like a complete loner, can somebody try and explain to me what 'vegging' or a 'veg' is please? (now for those with a sense of humour, not parsnips and carrots :lol:)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
To Describe veg, look at me. Everyone will agree ;).

They know what a veg I am, go to the crappest locations for anything:P.

P156KWJ

Established Member
To Describe veg, look at me. Everyone will agree ;).

They know what a veg I am, go to the crappest locations for anything:P.

still dont get it. is it like one of those things where it doesn't actually mean anything or have any rules, like the mornington crescent game?

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Yeh but stupid ones. CAN SOMEONE JUST TELL ME???
VEG or VEGETABLE (also known as; State, Mess, Stoat, Shave-It if they have a rather hellfire beard).
An individual or individuals who sit and "vegetate" on platform ends. More than 2 "veg" create a "vegetable patch".
Usually comprise of middle-aged unwashed "states" with typical 1970s clothes with trousers half up their legs.

Typical veg/state examples:
Numpty and the Huddersfield Gravedigger
Tom Loader

TO VEG means the above, to sit on a platform and "vegetate" while waiting for some completely crap traction (see: DRS 37/6s, plastic piffle, Spoons) to come along.

"I veg'd for 6M95 for the 876th time this week! But this time in a slightly different location!"
~ Anon

HAPPY???

Craig

Established Member
VEG or VEGETABLE (also known as; State, Mess, Stoat, Shave-It if they have a rather hellfire beard).
An individual or individuals who sit and "vegetate" on platform ends. More than 2 "veg" create a "vegetable patch".
Usually comprise of middle-aged unwashed "states" with typical 1970s clothes with trousers half up their legs.

00097.jpg

P156KWJ

Established Member
Well thats not my gripe with them, just don't seem as loud as other 37's.

I rarely see tractors on the mainline (I work with 37009 at the GCRN which is a beast) but all 4 37s I've seen this year on the mainline have been DRS 37/6s on either serco test trains with yellow mk1s, or just light engine bombing down the line

Established Member
I rarely see tractors on the mainline (I work with 37009 at the GCRN which is a beast) but all 4 37s I've seen this year on the mainline have been DRS 37/6s on either serco test trains with yellow mk1s, or just light engine bombing down the line

[Pedantic]Isn't 009 on CP7 bogies, making it 340 ;) [/Pedantic]

P156KWJ

Established Member
[Pedantic]Isn't 009 on CP7 bogies, making it 340 ;) [/Pedantic]

yes, it is numbered as 340, but we always refer to it as 009, AND its specification label still says 'Class 37/0" :p It is still a tractor that hasn't been messed about with TOO much... I suppose :)

Established Member
yes, it is numbered as 340, but we always refer to it as 009, AND its specification label still says 'Class 37/0" :p It is still a tractor that hasn't been messed about with TOO much... I suppose :)

If it is on CP7's then it should be a 37/3

I think you mean the TOPS Data Panel ;)
And my beast is numbered 37314, but is a 37/0, as it was reverted back during BR days to 37190.

37190 is quite rateable, looks good as well, I see it's on the front page of the Pres Des forum now!

TheSlash

Established Member
Back to the subject in hand, i declare Mornington Crescent!
Who put Loader on the veg site? I didn't think he was a veg, especially as he's a super cool Emo ;)
I work with some right shockers that would up the hits, i'll have to get snapping

Status
Not open for further replies.