• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Video Editing Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
Yeah...

So, i've got some DVD's that I wanna copy some scenes off - Mamma Mia, Family Guy, Simpsons - etc etc, but is there any software, that will allow me to copy and cut part of a video and then have that little bit?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asylumxl

Established Member
Ok I'll try and be useful.

The name of the kind of program you want is a DVD ripper. Video editing to me implies Aftereffects/Premiere/Vegas which is a bit too broad.

This website is probably the best place for any information like that, and I use it all the time:

http://www.videohelp.com/

Check the DVD backup section.

krus_aragon

Established Member
Handbrake is a handy, free, open source program that will convert DVD footage into a computer-based format (e.g. MPEG). You can choose to encode just a single chapter, and you could then edit out the exact bit you want with your usual compositing software (Windows Movie Maker, Imovie, etc.)

Bayum

Established Member
Ahhh kewl times =)

Kaus Dragon... I don't know what to edit it with, thats the problem!!

But, i'll try your suggestion asylumxl - and hopefully, that'll be alright!

krus_aragon

Established Member
If you're using a Windows computer, XP and Vista come with Windows Movie Maker, a free program that you can download from Microsoft's website if it isn't already installed on your machine. It won't give you the most professional-looking editing suite, but if you've never done any editing before it's a good place to start learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.