• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin 16/09/11 15:30 London Euston (EUS) - Carlisle (CAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Line Rover

Established Member
A vegetarian? Sounds tasty to me:roll:

I'm not a vegetarian. I'm quite surprised that Virgin cater to vegetarians so much, considering that they are in the minority. NOT ONCE have I seen someone ask for the vegetarian Evening Meal, even though I am often told that that is the only one left! (Which just goes to show how many people choose the meat option!)

All I ask is for a BLT. Or prawns. Or crayfish!! :roll: I'd travel in First Class all the time if they had crayfish! :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
I involuntarily got a vegetarian meal on a British Airways flight the other week because that was all they had loaded.

jamess

Given that it appears that this is now a light bites (hot) service, not a main meal, north of preston, can anyone suggest what is on the menu?

James

RJ

Established Member
My mistake - looked at the wrong evening meal menu. Orginal post duly amended. This is what you will get;

North of Preston

- Outdoor reared beef in black velvet porter with potatoes
- Vegetable Dahl
- Apple and quince torte

All Line Rover

Established Member
My mistake - looked at the wrong evening meal menu. Orginal post duly amended. This is what you will get;

North of Preston

- Outdoor reared beef in black velvet porter with potatoes
- Vegetable Dahl
- Apple and quince torte

Aside from the fact that the OP won't get an Evening Meal anyway. ;)

I think we all got a bit confused! :lol:

voyagerdude220

Established Member
They're hot dishes which are smaller in size compared to the evening meal. Perfectly good, but no where near the quality of Pendolino Primo. Similar to the Super Voyager Evening Meals (but not the same).

jamess

Thanks for all this......

Given that I shall get the free wifi, sandwiches on departure from Euston and something a little warmer north of Preston, as well as as beer or two I shall pay the £15 or thereabouts difference and go for the first class!

James

JB1601

I'm not a vegetarian. I'm quite surprised that Virgin cater to vegetarians so much, considering that they are in the minority. NOT ONCE have I seen someone ask for the vegetarian Evening Meal, even though I am often told that that is the only one left! (Which just goes to show how many people choose the meat option!)

All I ask is for a BLT. Or prawns. Or crayfish!! :roll: I'd travel in First Class all the time if they had crayfish! :D

They "cater to vegetarians so much" by offering a veggie option, how is that "so much"? You may as well say there should be fewer wheelchair accessible trains because disabled people are in the minority. (and yes I know that's different, I'm just making a point)

In my experience (not necessarily on trains) veggie options often run out sooner than the meat ones as those providing the food don't account that meat eaters might choose the veggie option instead, as there's nothing to stop them doing that. But that's a different discussion entirely. I'm just hoping to get falafel on my next 1st trip up north :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.