• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin weekend upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am I right in saying you can upgrade a STANDARD CLASS ADVANCE TICKET to first class for £15?

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
I think on the website, it says that you cant with advance but in my experience the guards normally will upgrade you :)

voyagerdude220

Established Member
I think on the website, it says that you cant with advance

Whilst you're right MCR247, VT say that you definately can upgrade an advance SC single to First Class using the £15 weekend first promotion (subject to the usual condition of space being available etc).

It's just Cross Country being very tight (as per normal) with tickets etc, who say that standard advance ticket holders can't upgrade- Neither do they allow standard anytime ticket holders to upgrade for free on XC services- regardless of the fact anytime ticket holders have almost certainly paid well over the odds for their ticket in the first place...

Status
Not open for further replies.