• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Warrington - Crewe: Any Permitted Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1971

Not sure if anybody could help me, but if you bought a ticket from Warrington - Crewe, could you go via Manchester & Stockport. I know Warrington Bank Quay and Central are classed as Warrington group stations, so if I travelled from Central and changed at Manchester or Stockport, then got a connection to Crewe, would a regular Warrington- Crewe ticket suffice?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Yeah that’s fine. You can actually buy specific ‘via Manchester’ tickets at a lower cost than the ‘Any Permitted’ fare.

Eg £14/£15.30 for an Off Peak/Anytime Day single; +10p for the return fare.

Alex1971

That is for the reply.

So if I a bought a normal Warrington Bank Quay - Crewe (£12) that would cover me from Warrington Central to Crewe going via Manchester/Stockport?

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Are you referring to the £12.20 fare (Anytime Day Single)? That is only valid on the direct Virgin West Coast services, and has a route of Direct/Not Via Manchester.

The slightly more expensive, aforementioned ‘Via Manchester’ fares will be valid on that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.