• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What do you carry when out driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pc86

As the title says, calling all bus drivers on this forum.

What do you carry in your bag to make your life easier out on the road? Books, cleaning kit, biggest maglight in the world for all the "late night" customers who want to have a go ;).

Im starting work in a few weeks and wanting to sort out my bag for when im out on the road and really want a head start on making my life easier.

So far ive got a couple of books, some anti bac wipes for the cab and a decent headtorch for daily checks in the dark.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Spare ticket roll and my reusable bottle.

Not sure why you'd need a head torch? Seems a bit much for me lol

As a service bus driver I have Squeezee for the mirrors and an extra water bottle with a sports cap helps with keeping cab windows clean on outside too . Hand sanitizer essential too . I’ve also got a small screwdriver and a couple of different size spanner’s .
Admittedly I don’t use them a lot , only if interior mirror gets a bit too loose . And an Allan key or 2 for mirrors and sometimes I see interior access panels needing tightened . I clear my bag out from time to time and do away with it all but They creep back . It gets all a bit Mary poppins with my bag from time to time .:)

Mike99

Sunglasses, even in the winter, low morning or afternoon sun can be a nightmare

Kahuna47

In my bag at the moment:
Sunglasses
Spare pens
Torch
Anti Bac Hand Gel (for before and after driving)
Paper towels (for cleaning windows etc if there's no Metro papers!)
RADAR key (for being caught short!)
Cash bag
Laminates for weeklies
Spare ticket roll
Accident cards
Waybill envelopes
Spare defect cards
High-viz
Water bottle (for drinking)
And the most important thing - my butties!

And I definately don't carry any headphones for evenings! :lol:

philthetube

Established Member
Obviously now just about everyone carries a mobile but I used to carry a disposable camera just in case of accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.