• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What station am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddog785

a) I am served by the London Underground's Metropolitan Line.
I only have 1 platform.
I am on my own branch line.
On most Metropolitan line trains you will have to change at Chalfont & Latimer to reach me.
I have a very scenic garden.
I am the least used station on the Metropolitan line.
Trains from me usually terminate at Chalfont & Latimer.
Trains from me only terminate at Aldgate and Baker Street during peak times.
b) I only have one platform.
I am on a branch line.
To reach me you usually have to change at Brockenhurst.
I am served by SouthWest Trains.
I am located near the main town of Lymington.
I have my own bus station.
c) I only have one platform.
I am the terminus of the SouthWest Trains Lymington branch.
I have no ticket office.
My platform is made from wood.
All trains from me call at all stations to Brockenhurst.
I am located near Lymington's WightLink Ferry Port.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
talk about easy

a)Chesham
b) Lymington Town
c) Lymington Pier

MCR247

Established Member
Too many clues, and you chose places where their only could be one possible answer, so if you gave less clues, and places where you could have different stations

How about this:

I am a terminus station, where desiros and 158s go. I even used to get 442s. There is a junction further along the line. First Great Western stop here, as do South West Trains

I will give more clues if no one gets it

Reddog785

Excuse me Daimler,he was just setting an example. If anyone wants to start another quiz question,wouldn't they start a new thread for that?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
London King's Cross? Excuse me but I'm more of a LUL fan than NR.

westcoaster

Established Member
oh goodie my turn

im an important hub station,
im on an important north-south route
i have four toc's serving me from 2 of the major rail divisions
i have 6 platforms and hundreds of gates
i have recently lost 2 toc's from here

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Right.. now it's my turn... :oops:

I am a terminus station on a line which only sees trains running regularly in passenger service to/from south of where i am, despite the fact the track carries on northbound.

If you did travel northbound, you would reach another station which does benefit from a "every day" passenger service, with the travelling time being under an hour between the two points.

Last edited:

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Nope :)
I'll give another clue or two if needed.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
It isn't Worksop. ;)

Neither is it the place up North Chathill ;)
If you carry on forwards from my mystery station, after around 2 hours, you arrive in a station which is served by First Scotrail amongst other TOCs.

plikma

Right.. now it's my turn... :oops:

I am a terminus station on a line which only sees trains running regularly in passenger service to/from south of where i am, despite the fact the track carries on northbound.

If you did travel northbound, you would reach another station which does benefit from a "every day" passenger service, with the travelling time being under an hour between the two points.

There are two plausible circumstances here -

Either it is somewhere where express trains pass thro' and is the northern terminus of a commuter line (e.g. Chathill, Dunelm which has been discounted) or Perryville, MD;

Or it is somewhere where the tracks continue for moving empty coaching stock but the tracks continue (e.g. Castleford, Yorks, or Aylesbury Vale, Bucks) until they rejoin the mainline.

Chathill, Durham generally seems too good to be true - it meets both requirements AFAIK?

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Or it is somewhere where the tracks continue for moving empty coaching stock but the tracks continue (e.g. Castleford, Yorks, or Aylesbury Vale, Bucks) until they rejoin the mainline.

That is the case, Pilkma.

Apologies to Westcoaster- it isn't Carnforth, but you are in the correct region of the UK.

The mystery station hasn't been mentioned at all yet. If you were to travel from the station northbound, towards the First Scotrail served station two hours north of it, you would pass through what i believe to be the highest nationalrail station above sea level.

Status
Not open for further replies.