• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where has 50708 gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artemic

The C coach (79708) of 175008 seems to have been sat in sidings at Chester since about April, with the A coach (50708) detached and rather MIA.
Anyone know where it is? Google-fu has not assisted me on this occasion :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

L401CJF

Established Member
The C coach (79708) of 175008 seems to have been sat in sidings at Chester since about April, with the A coach (50708) detached and rather MIA.
Anyone know where it is? Google-fu has not assisted me on this occasion :(
Im pretty sure it *was* in the depot. The full unit was stabled in the chester sidings for a few days months ago with what appeared to be impact damage. I remember seeing it had moved into Alstom and was on the road furthest away from the line at the Bache end. It had the lower fibreglass panel on the cab removed and some plastic sheeting over the drivers windscreen as well as some black tape over the cab cracking.

Pretty sure it was 008 anyway. I did take a photo at the time, I had heard rumours it had hit a tree during one of the storms but I cant confirm if this is the case, and I cant confirm whether it is still in the depot, or whats actually happening with it!

artemic

Lovely, was rather hoping they weren't planning to make spoons out of it (doubtful but you never know!)

D365

Veteran Member
Lovely, was rather hoping they weren't planning to make spoons out of it (doubtful but you never know!)
It sounds like only the fibreglass cab was destroyed - and by the above posting, replaced fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.