• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Who is currently recruiting Trainee drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rave

Hi All,

Had the dreaded phone call today to say that having passed all the tests with LOROL I failed the manager interview. Apparently I didn't go into enough detail with my answers to the questions, which is pretty infuriating, as I really didn't think there was ever any kind of pause from the interviewer to suggest that I should carry on talking.

However, as I understand it I'm now on the national database for the next 5 years as having passed all the statutory tests? If so I'm grateful to LOROL for that at least! And if so I'm going to get straight back on the horse and start banging in applications left right and centre. As far as I can tell I'm still in limbo with DB Schenker having applied for Hither Green in June- is it worth ringing them to say that I'm through the tests?

And if anyone knows who else is recruiting in the London/SE area then I'm all ears! Seems I've missed the boat on a few of the threads on the first page...

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

W230

Established Member
With respect, its not really a case of who to apply for but more a case of who's offering!

But i agree that contacting DBS to let them know cant do much harm. Good luck! :)

red2005

if you've got the flexibility etc apply to whoever is recruiting!...that experience you have had with lorol although seemingly disappointing could be invaluable as you now know where u went wrong!

Rave

That's the point- I'm just being a bit lazy and hoping that someone can point me towards the companies that are currently recruiting...:p

Am I right in thinking that having passed everything but the final interview with LOROL I can waltz straight in to interview with any company that doesn't have additional tests of their own, and that I don't have to wait six months?

red2005

That's the point- I'm just being a bit lazy and hoping that someone can point me towards the companies that are currently recruiting...:p

Am I right in thinking that having passed everything but the final interview with LOROL I can waltz straight in to interview with any company that doesn't have additional tests of their own, and that I don't have to wait six months?

lol don't be lazy get out there!! lol that changes daily and they're generally not open long so u may miss the boat if you wait for people he he he

erm well that does literally depend on the toc i am lead to believe! as some still like to see candidates go through the whole lot so i wouldn't take that as a given....but yes mate i do think most would put you straight through to the interview mate!

Rave

Edited thread title to more accurately reflect nature of thread...

I've not been that lazy, been and checked all the local operators I can think of and all the operators in the Arriva family (I currently work for Arriva buses). I'd be prepared to relocate out of London though (and in fact I would quite like to) so basically I would like to know about any current trainee driver vacancies...

Gemz91

Ever considered applying for non-driving positions with in the railways? The experience you would gain could be useful passing a future drivers manager interview.

Also, if it is correct that you are on the national database for the next five years, it may allow you to apply for internal positions that come up in the next five years which you would not other wise be able to apply for.

Or, you may get a job elsewhere on the railways, and enjoy it too much to want to apply for a drivers position.

Status
Not open for further replies.