• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why isn't there many steam tours to the Sussex coast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SussexSpotter

I have been looking through the uksteaminfo website and there isn't many steam tours down to the Sussex coast this year at all, and I don't think there was many in years gone by either :cry: I was very suprised to see this as I would have thought places like Brighton and Eastbourne would be hotspots during the summer for tourists and travellers :o Infact there is only a couple of steam tours on the Brighton mainline south of Redhill and a few going to Hastings via the Tunbridge Wells line :|

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jay jay

I have been looking through the uksteaminfo website and there isn't many steam tours down to the Sussex coast this year at all, and I don't think there was many in years gone by either :cry: I was very suprised to see this as I would have thought places like Brighton and Eastbourne would be hotspots during the summer for tourists and travellers :o Infact there is only a couple of steam tours on the Brighton mainline south of Redhill and a few going to Hastings via the Tunbridge Wells line :|

I agree. Whilst it would be nice, I believe it is mainly down to capacity on the Brighton mainline - particularly during the week. It is not so much of an issue on the Hastings to T Wells line as there is only 2 trains an hour in each direction off peak. The Brighton mainline is ridiculously overcrowded!

I agree. Whilst it would be nice, I believe it is mainly down to capacity on the Brighton mainline - particularly during the week. It is not so much of an issue on the Hastings to T Wells line as there is only 2 trains an hour in each direction off peak. The Brighton mainline is ridiculously overcrowded!

Wouldn't suprise me. I live in the North but have been to Brighton several times from East Croydon. Totted it up one time and there at least 100 trains a day going to Brighton. It's a nice place don't get me wrong, but the number of trains to Brighton seems oversubscribed.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I'm not really that up to speed on the different operations but didn't one of them decide to concentrate on Weymouth more this year?

A weekly Dorset Coast express was being mentioned at Eastleigh a while back, is that a diversion of a previous regular service around Sussex perhaps?

Established Member
I'm not really that up to speed on the different operations but didn't one of them decide to concentrate on Weymouth more this year?

A weekly Dorset Coast express was being mentioned at Eastleigh a while back, is that a diversion of a previous regular service around Sussex perhaps?

Probably this one from RTC, runs from London as in previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.