• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wigan - Eccles advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

strange6

Established Member
Nothing to do with my earlier thread but I am going to a convention at Pacific Way, in Salford in a couple of weeks and Eccles Railway Station is quite close by. I would fancy getting that morning Wigan NW to Liverpool Train, changing at Earlestown for a train to Eccles. Would my Wigan - Eccles anytime ticket permit that or would I have to go Via Salford from Wigan, which would be much busier?
Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
The Wigan-Liverpool train does not stop at Earlestown, the first change possible is at Huyton on that train. The only (sensible) way to change at Earlestown is to go via Warrington. However, I think the shortest route is via Manchester and the shortest route is the only valid route between the two.

Edit - actually I have just seen the 0647 (mon-sat) which does go to Earlestown, but it is a one off service, it also stops at Newton-Le-Willows.

Last edited:

strange6

Established Member
The Wigan-Liverpool train does not stop at Earlestown, the first change possible is at Huyton on that train. The only (sensible) way to change at Earlestown is to go via Warrington. However, I think the shortest route is via Manchester and the shortest route is the only valid route between the two.

Edit - actually I have just seen the 0647 (mon-sat) which does go to Earlestown, but it is a one off service, it also stops at Newton-Le-Willows.

I'm sure it would be a valid way to go. It's quicker and shorter, even though there is only one daily service

Status
Not open for further replies.