• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will LO ever run a full circular service post-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlesden

Clapham Junction-Willesden Junction-Camden Road-Highbury & Islington-Dalston Junction-Whitechapel-Surrey Quays-Peckham Rye-Wandsworth Road-Clapham Junction

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NIMBUS

Being pedantic, you could argue that they never will run a 'circular' service in that it will always require a reversal at Clapham Junction.

Eagle

Established Member
It would need to break at Clapham Junction I think, because (and I'm not entirely sure of this) there won't be a platform that's connected to both the WLL and the Inner SLL.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It would need to break at Clapham Junction I think, because (and I'm not entirely sure of this) there won't be a platform that's connected to both the WLL and the Inner SLL.

The furthest Southern platforms (16&17?) connect to both AFAIK, but both lines approach from the London end, so it couldn't be a true circle. It would also need to use dual voltage units as the NLL/WLL is overhead wires while the ELL/SLL is third rail.

causton

Established Member
Also at Highbury and Islington I don't know if the crossover between the ELL and the NLL is actually in use (existent yes, commissioned no) and there's only one, so that might limit the capacity somewhat for a regular service! Maybe there might be a special tour, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.