• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

will this train go early?

Zander trains

There is a freightliner engineer train passing tonight at Muir of ord going to Tain working 6K21, https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:B00143/2024-04-14/detailed
it says that it will leave Inverness at 22:05 arriving in Muir of ord at 22:52, the last passenger service passes Muir of ord at 21:26 heading to Tain. Is it possible that the train will depart early after the passenger leaves?

usually freight and stp schedules do not report up until Dingwall which makes it hard to know when to be there, which is why I am asking. So should I be there when the train is due or earlier in case it departs early?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Twingo37175

There is a freightliner engineer train passing tonight at Muir of ord going to Tain working 6K21, https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:B00143/2024-04-14/detailed
it says that it will leave Inverness at 22:05 arriving in Muir of ord at 22:52, the last passenger service passes Muir of ord at 21:26 heading to Tain. Is it possible that the train will depart early after the passenger leaves?

usually freight and stp schedules do not report up until Dingwall which makes it hard to know when to be there, which is why I am asking. So should I be there when the train is due or earlier in case it departs early?
I guess anything is possible within reason. Looking on real time trains now it has triggered in Inverness, 30 minutes early. However, it does appear that it will wait at Muir of Ord for the Tain working heading back South to Inverness - which should mean Dingwall in line with expected timetable. Even if it runs early from Muir of Ord, assuming no conflict to the scotrail service, I would assume they would then pass at Dingwall instead (assuming 2 platforms)

Zander trains

I guess anything is possible within reason. Looking on real time trains now it has triggered in Inverness, 30 minutes early. However, it does appear that it will wait at Muir of Ord for the Tain working heading back South to Inverness - which should mean Dingwall in line with expected timetable. Even if it runs early from Muir of Ord, assuming no conflict to the scotrail service, I would assume they would then pass at Dingwall instead (assuming 2 platforms)
Yeah, didn’t expect it to update in Inverness going to go wait at the station now