• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT Driver Pool - 2021/22

Fancythis

Someone I know has not long had a email back saying they have passed the SJT

It seems strange that only one person is reported to have recieved a 'passed' e-mail. Anybody else had one? I would have thought they would be sent out in their hundreds.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fancythis

They are internal.
but yes it is rather strange. Maybe people have and just don’t want to disclose anything .
Maybe...... Though in my experience people are a lot happier to tell the world about having passed a test, rather than when they've failed.

cebz9

I’m still yet to hear anything as well- I Know someone else that has also applied for new street and hasn’t heard anything either

Ashley872

I’m still yet to hear anything as well- I Know someone else that has also applied for new street and hasn’t heard anything either
Yeah I applied for New St and still haven't heard back yet. I'm guessing the longer it takes you to hear back, the further down the shortlist you get. Who knows though lol

cebz9

Are any of you able to log into the careers portal? Mine says that it’s an invalid email and password but it’s worked before?

cebz9

Well after logging into my portal it still says application under consideration- so I can only presume that those that have the same as what I have...just have to wait until the next stage. I don’t think anyone who wasn’t received anything has been unsuccessful because one person who has applied for the position has got “this application has been unsuccessful” so I wouldn’t worry about not receiving notification

Ashley872

Well after logging into my portal it still says application under consideration- so I can only presume that those that have the same as what I have...just have to wait until the next stage. I don’t think anyone who wasn’t received anything has been unsuccessful because one person who has applied for the position has got “this application has been unsuccessful” so I wouldn’t worry about not receiving notification
Yeah.. I just logged in too and mine says ''Application under consideration''. I'm guessing at this point we must have passed the SJT and our applications are being reviewed manually.

Jon1930

My advice is try and not check your emails too much as it will drive you mad. somebody else posted go about your daily lives as normal. Which is good advice. It's a long long process. SJT is just the tip of the iceberg

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
My advice is try and not check your emails too much as it will drive you mad. somebody else posted go about your daily lives as normal. Which is good advice. It's a long long process. SJT is just the tip of the iceberg

Agreed. The reality is if you are in demand, they’ll contact you. Calm down, enjoy it and just observe.

Snowhill2020

The application process for this role (at any TOC) is partly luck of the online system & algorithms. After failing final interview with London Overground, I applied to Southern. They didn't even give me a chance at their online SJT, despite having passed all the OPC tests. Ex-colleague drivers at my previous TOC said there was some luck involved.
Has anybody heard anything today?
Not yet... Staying hopeful