• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WTT request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy873

Hi,

I thought I would ask all you good people here a request for WTT information and I hope you can help.

a) I'm interested in any WTT from say 1956 to 1964 inclusive and
b) It will be a London Midland region one and
c) Anything that shows / mentions Padiham, Simonstone or Great Harwood.

If any of you could just spare a few minutes to have a glace though your WTTs and if Padiham, Simonstone or Great Harwood are mentioned could you please let me know the details, e.g. Year, time of train, type of train including light engines etc.

I know we're all busy, but if you could help I would be very grateful!

Thanks,
Andy.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
Andy,
One thing you might find good for you is that, around that period, WTTs were published in volume sets and these occasionally appear on eBay.
For example, BR London Midland Region, North Western Lines, Sections A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K and L.
This covers your area of interest. There were also "Western" and "Midland" lines volumes which don't.
Jonathan.
Clearly "my" volume is too late for you and only contains "Padiham" in one of its tables with no timetabled trains that i can see, but a few years earlier this should be different.

Attachments

• North Western Lines 1966 1.jpeg
    North Western Lines 1966 1.jpeg
    816.2 KB · Views: 15
  • North Western Lines 1966.jpeg
    North Western Lines 1966.jpeg
    837.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Andy873

Andy,
One thing you might find good for you is that, around that period, WTTs were published in volume sets and these occasionally appear on eBay.
For example, BR London Midland Region, North Western Lines, Sections A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K and L.
This covers your area of interest. There were also "Western" and "Midland" lines volumes which don't.
Jonathan.
Jonathan,

Thanks for that too, I was wondering about sets.
The two WTT's I have were indeed purchased on eBay, and there is / was one covering these sections (listed above), however at nearly 75 pounds it's a bit pricey!

Andy.

jfollows

Established Member
Jonathan,

Thanks for that too, I was wondering about sets.
The two WTT's I have were indeed purchased on eBay, and there is / was one covering these sections (listed above), however at nearly 75 pounds it's a bit pricey!

Andy.
Yes, I've paid up to about £50 for such a set in the past.

Andy873

Yes, I've paid up to about £50 for such a set in the past.
Jonathan,

My eyes just lit up with the map you've just attached.

One of my working theories is the following:

I know on the Great Harwood loop, the down line was lifted last quarter of 1965, but I suspect the up line was left connected at both ends until 1967. I can't prove it, but the route map still shows it there i.e. as a possible diversion route - and this is dated 1966.

It could just be historical, or then again... who knows?

Thanks for the attachments, I might even invest in such a set.

Andy.

jfollows

Established Member
I know on the Great Harwood loop, the down line was lifted last quarter of 1965, but I suspect the up line was left connected at both ends until 1967. I can't prove it, but the route map still shows it there i.e. as a possible diversion route - and this is dated 1966.
Yes, just to be sure I double-checked and there are no timetabled trains to/through/past Padiham in the 1966 timetable I have. It could be that the map got copied from previous years' timetables automatically.

Andy873

Yes, just to be sure I double-checked and there are no timetabled trains to/through/past Padiham in the 1966 timetable I have. It could be that the map got copied from previous years' timetables automatically.
Thanks Jonathan,

Just as I suspected, but no trains is / what I suspected, I would have been very surprised to see anything.

Sometimes, not seeing anything tells you something - if that makes sense.

Andy.

Veteran Member
Almost certainly!
Did that map only appear in the "combined volume" for office use? - if so, low priority for correcting.

Status
Not open for further replies.