• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

X-Site Airsoft 06/09/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Yesterday myself and my friend Charlie ventured to High Wycombe's X-Site/Skirmish Airsoft site.

The day started off well and we got to the site with about half hour to gear up before the 2 warm-up games. For reference I was packing these weapons:
- M4A1 Carbine w/5 hi-cap 300rnd mags
- Mac10 w/6 47rnd mags
- Glock 26 w/4 15rnd mags

It was the first time I'd been skirmishing using my own weapons for a good 4 years.
The warm-up games took place in "The Valley" which consisted of.. a valley (well, nor), a hill-top fort and a Windmill (which for this game was out of play area).
For these games 20/60 players were attackers, with unlimited re-gen points. The other 40 were defenders, which once they had been shot had to make their way to the Attacker re-gen point where they would then switch sides and lead the attack.
During the second warm-up game my new(!!) 9.6v 2300mAh battery decided it was going to expell its charge and stopped working. Lucky I had brought along my spare U shape 9.6v 1800mAh battery.
My Mac10 got its first kills in the second warm-up when I sprayed 2 people sneaking up behind a team-mate with a brilliant cloud of gas emitted when fired :). The M4 got 2 and the Glock 1.

On to the proper games..
First game we were divided equally into 30-man teams and designated "Skins" and "Stripes", with the Stripes being given coloured armbands. Myself and Charlie were placed in Stripes.
This game took place surrounding the "Cop Shop" which was a plywood building with several rooms for which the defenders were placed inside and around the surrounding barricades. It was a kind of Capture The Flag but this was replaced with a box containing a whistle, which the attackers had to gain and blow the whistle to win.
However there was a catch. Each Defender had a marble. The defending team would get 1-minute time penalties if, at the end of the round, players hadn't returned their marbles when shot out.
So it was in the Attacker's best interests to not kill as many defenders as possible in order to raise their time penalties at the end of the round. Subsequently it was the defenders best interests to be shot out and thus negate any time penalties.
First round were Stripes defending and Skins attacking. Stripes defended for 00:10:37, but 2 marbles were not returned, so it was pushed up to 00:12:37.
Second round was Skins defending and Stripes attacking. This round my M4 decided to really hack me off.. by shredding it's gearbox to pieces leaving the motor to make a silly whirring noise, thus rendering me primary-less and resorting to dual-wielding the Mac10 and Glock 26. Which was nice. Skins defended for 00:08:24, to which they cheered at. However.. 14 marbles were not returned thus their time shot up to 00:22:24, thus rendering the Stripes the winners.

The second set of games were very simple, basic all-out war in the main area surrounding the Killhouse, Windmill and Church areas. I sat out the first game to sort out the Hop-Up units on my Mac10 and Glock to try and get them to shoot straight but to no avail.

The final Big Game.. "Pilots"
The final big game lasting 45 minutes was entitled Pilots. The basic story to this game is Skins V Stripes, with 12 players designated Pilots armed with shotguns and/or Pistols only who had no side other than their own and would shoot at both Skins and Stripes. They were identified by having two yellow armbands, one on each arm.
The object of the game was each team had to capture as many Pilots as they could in order to win once the time limit had expired. To do this once they had shot a Pilot, he/she would then stand still for 30 seconds (which they had to count down) and a Skin or Stripe would place their hand on the Pilot, who would then become their prisoner to be taken back to the respective team base. The Pilot would then help defend that teams base until the base was taken over and the pilot re-captured by the opposing team..
In the end of the game, the Stripes won having captured 9/12 pilots. I retired halfway through the game due to the total inability of my Mac10 and Glock 26 to actually hit anything farther than 15 metres due to very excessive upspin causing BBs to fly up into the stratosphere.

All in all a great day was had, many new friends made and lots of fun. Not to mention the several bruises I acquired (one particularily bad one on my right bicep, 6 to the chest, two on my head, one near my crotch, 3 in the butt, and two on the left arm.

Hopefully next time I go I'll have a more reliable primary weapon..
Here's a couple pictures one includes the Legendary Tactical KitKat ;):
DSC00311.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kestrel

LOL we're going there on wednesday with my work team, train drivers vs platform staff<D

16CSVT2700

Established Member
AWESOME even more reason for me to join you lot, work for a TOC and play my fave sport :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.