• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Edinburgh services

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hi all,
apologies if already covered elsewhere.
I'm thinking of travelling south with XC from EDB later this week.
Are any Edb to the south formed of double 220/221's? I'd probably leave between 11 & 2.
Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
The 1308 departure from EDB is booked a double set Mon-Fri as far as BRI.

Must be the return working of the 09.32 ex-York (ex-Brum) due into Waverley around 12.15. Caught that train the other week rather than wait for the EC service as had plenty of room being a double set. Regular at-seat trolley passing made it very pleasent.

TEW

Established Member
Yes, happened in Summer 2010 but now happens every Friday.

hooky3

Yes, happened in Summer 2010 but now happens every Friday.

yes, this service Monday-Thursday is a single voyager but with the extra set that comes south this service is a double set.

TEW

Established Member
As far as I'm aware the 0703 Birmingham-Edinburgh is only a single voyager on Fridays, when it is a double set on Mondays-Thursdays. Having 1V64 as an HST requires some fairly complex stock balancing. I also believe the 1125 Plymouth-Dundee is a double set from Bristol to Dundee on a Thursday rather than a double set from Bristol to Newcastle, this means there is one less set at Birmingham, hence the 0703 Birmingham-Edinburgh is a single set but one more set at Edinburgh, so the 0601 Glasgow-Plymouth is a double set.

Status
Not open for further replies.