• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Y2018/237 Trainee Driver Liverpool - Northern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Up_Tilt_390

So I don't think I've got enough experience to really get this job, but I'm thinking of just trying to apply anyway. If not on the off chance of actually getting far it's at least good practice for future applications. I just want to get a few second opinions off people here. Should I just go for it anyway given the above?

Cyclist

So I don't think I've got enough experience to really get this job, but I'm thinking of just trying to apply anyway. If not on the off chance of actually getting far it's at least good practice for future applications. I just want to get a few second opinions off people here. Should I just go for it anyway given the above?
you've got nothing to lose in trying

Yellowbelly

Hi first time in posting. Can anyone say whether there’s a one hour max travel distance to the depot? I can’t see anything on the job advertisement. Anyone’s help would be greatly appreciated

Jon H

Yes 45 minuted.
And you can only have one application in at one station at a time which is very frustrating as I would happily work at a few of these advertised at the minute but I already have one in for Blackpool from 4 months ago wiling barely any reply as usual!

Yellowbelly

Yes 45 minuted.
And you can only have one application in at one station at a time which is very frustrating as I would happily work at a few of these advertised at the minute but I already have one in for Blackpool from 4 months ago wiling barely any reply as usual!
When you say station is that depot? I’m new to all this. You can’t apply to multiple TOCS at any one time?

Jon H

As far as I am aware you can apply to as many TOCS as you like at any one time just not more than one application per TTC, So say northern rail are recruiting for trainees at Blackpool and Liverpool at the same time you can only have one application running at once with the same TOC. So you have to choose. Can be frustrating as there are a couple at the minute I would happily work from but I’ve got one in for Blackpool.

Yellowbelly

As far as I am aware you can apply to as many TOCS as you like at any one time just not more than one application per TTC, So say northern rail are recruiting for trainees at Blackpool and Liverpool at the same time you can only have one application running at once with the same TOC. So you have to choose. Can be frustrating as there are a couple at the minute I would happily work from but I’ve got one in for Blackpool.
Thank you very much. Very useful information

Scott95

hi i'm new to the site, i've applied for the northern vacancy in liverpool do you know roughly how long you wait for a reply after the closing date

Hi,

It said that they will be in contact in roughly two to four weeks after I submitted mine.

Scott95

Hi first time in posting. Can anyone say whether there’s a one hour max travel distance to the depot? I can’t see anything on the job advertisement. Anyone’s help would be greatly appreciated

Yeah it is 45 minutes.

I'm assuming it will either be Lime Street depot or Tuebrook :)

Status
Not open for further replies.