• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

York conductor assessment day TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

richmc81

Hello

I have an assessment day this Friday. I understand the structure the day will take but I know when it comes to the structured interview form my mind will go blank for the 15 minutes allocated fir me to complete it. So I am spending the next few days thinking about possible customer service scenarios they may ask and examples of my experiences to write down.

It would be incredibly helpful if anyone who has been on a TPE assessment day and has had this structured interview if you could pass on any scenarios you remember them asking.

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

redstars12

Hi

Just take your time and make sure you use the questions that their have sent you. practice them all over and over again. Also make sure take your time.

richmc81

Thanks. I have completed the questions they sent me as examples and written down examples to other questions they may ask. I should be able to adapt these to the questions they actually ask.

redstars12

if you go on the OPC website its worth a look on there, you at leeds for your assessment ?

LancsLady

Hi,
Newbie here, I attended an assessment day for TPE in July and am over the moon as I've just been offered a Trainee Conductor position (conditional on me passing the medical) - the structured interview is actually ok as long as you have properly prepared some answers! The questions I had were along the lines of 'give an example of a time you dealt with an emergency', ' explain how you have followed rules and procedures in your working life' - be prepared to go into lots of detail!
Best of luck!

richmc81

thanks lanceslady.

Turns out TPE gave the candidates slightly misleading information and today was just 3 tests. No role play and no structured interview. Hopefully I get to use all my hard work soon in the next stage. Probably I good thing as the two questions you had to answer I haven’t got examples ready for. I shall get my thinking cap on and good luck in your new career

LancsLady

No problem Richmc,
I hope I've helped a bit and am sure you will have done well today, these forums have been a massive help when I was researching so thank you to everyone on here ( I wasn't brave enough to post anything so have lurked for a while!) let us know how you get on and well done on getting this far

Status
Not open for further replies.