• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your Worst and Best Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Thank you, main thing is you either try and deal with the situation or just give up, thankfully with some help from friends, I'm dealing with it, not just because it's in my nature to do so, but because I know it's what Karen would want me to do.

Well said. I've lost people very close to me in the past, but I sometimes think of them when I achieve something now and it helps to motivate me as I know they'd love what I was doing.
It takes time to get over some things in life but it can make you a stronger and wiser person.
Good luck Mr L.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

madannie77

1994 was possibly my best year. Having lost a job in 1993 during a very difficult period in my life, by the end of 1994 I had completed a masters degree, started a research studentship in The Great Wen and had a date for my GRS, all things I thought would never happen. I was flying!

1996 was undoubtedly my worst year. Due to a combination of events I suffered an enormous nervous breakdown which ultimately meant that I never completed my PhD. It also took a long time afterwards for me to rediscover the self-belief I had enjoyed in the previous two years: I am not sure that I ever have.

One of the few good points about 1996 was that I met the man who is now my husband, although it took until 2016 before we finally got married. I guess that makes 2016 quite a good year for me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.