• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

365517,New Livery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katada

Just looking at the class 700 or 300 (unsure) and changed it into an NSE variation. For all you guys speaking of bland, well...

65L1K.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

starrymarkb

Established Member
Looks good but since we were talking about DDA compliance the doors don't stand out enough, white is the best NSE colour to use for doors; http://www.flickr.com/photos/manchester77/8578616724/in/set-72157633183969001

You might want to Creative Commons that rather then claiming all rights reserved...

This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
You are free:
to share – to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to remix – to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
attribution – You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
share alike – If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

Given it was me who did the NSEing I do know what license it's under ;)

Tom C

First day out for 517 allocated* to :-

2P00 05:23 London Kings Cross to Peterborough
1P47 07:06 Peterborough to London Kings Cross
1T08 08:44 London Kings Cross to Cambridge
1T19 09:51 Cambridge to London Kings Cross
1C18 11:14 London Kings Cross to Cambridge
2H92 15:23 Cambridge to Ely
1T69 16:06 Ely to London Kings Cross
1P96 18:10 London Kings Cross to Peterborough
1P79 19:46 Peterborough to London Kings Cross
1T20 21:44 London Kings Cross to Ely

* At the moment!!!

ModernRailways

Established Member
Looks very very smart. Seems to suit the 365 well too. The earlier shots seemed to make it look a lot poorer.

Not sure on the interior, looks very nice but the seat covers look like they could be part of some hypnotism. Maybe that's what they are actually for? Hypnotising passengers to forget the delays?

tsr

Established Member
I must say I like the livery, too, from the photos. If only I'd been up in London today, I would have tried to hop on the refurbished unit. I don't use them that much, though, so I shall pass comment on how well-perceived the pre-refurb scheme on 365s was.

Aictos

Established Member

* At the moment!!!

I don't suppose you could find the time to share the workings for it's debuting week? Just be nice to see if I'm likely to be using it this week or not ;)

Electrostar

Not sure about the about the full black cab window surround, I think it makes the 365 look older. Reminds me of units you see in Melbourne. I think the original Networker style with the yellow extending to the roof and just the windows frames in black would suit it better and draw your eye sway from the light cluster and grill.

bramling

Veteran Member
Not sure about the about the full black cab window surround, I think it makes the 365 look older. Reminds me of units you see in Melbourne. I think the original Networker style with the yellow extending to the roof and just the windows frames in black would suit it better and draw your eye sway from the light cluster and grill.

The interior looks horrible. As suspected, seating layout has been changed, with at least two table seats replaced by airline seating layout, WITH NO INCREASE IN THE SEATING CAPACITY. I can see no reason at all for this to be done, just seems like messing around for the sake of it, the old layout was perfect. Looks very much like carpets gone too. And personal taste, but I think the interior colour scheme looks horrible.

As a regular user of these trains, I'd rather they'd saved the money, and left the trains as they were, just repaired / replaced worn or damaged finishes as necessary.

Waste of money, totally ruined these decent trains.

Class377/5

Established Member
I like them. The ne livery looks much better in photos of an actual unit thn I was expecting.

Julia

* At the moment!!!

It certainly stuck to the plan as far as 1P96 - was the southernmost unit of the booked three and First staff at KGX were handing out leaflets about the refurb to commuters. It would have been nice to sample it, but not by standing to Hitchin as as it was full 15 minutes before departure...

fgwrich

Established Member
Personally I wish the floor colours had been reversed - they have to contrast, but in my opinion the door area should be the lighter colour as having the darker colour in the seating area would make it feel less cold and clinical.

But the darker area flooring around the vestibule is carpet, whilst the rest of the interior flooring is apparently lino.

With regards to the front, I wish they'd continued the black on the front as per the original plans - it looks odd with these new black cab window surrounds, dark grey repainted roof and smooth white cab roof!

jon0844

Veteran Member
Carpet at the vestibule and lino elsewhere? Isn't that the total opposite to as it is now?

And then there are some existing 365s that had carpet by the accessible toilet and some (most) with lino. What does this have?

fgwrich

Established Member
Carpet at the vestibule and lino elsewhere? Isn't that the total opposite to as it is now?

And then there are some existing 365s that had carpet by the accessible toilet and some (most) with lino. What does this have?

I'm not sure but it wouldn't surprise me, that's what's been said about the interiors of them at the moment. Perhaps if anyone's seen it in service could let us know?

jon0844

Veteran Member
One good thing is the lack of so many stickers all over the place. FCC went a little mad over the years.

Of course some poster boards will need to go back on, and the stickers by the overhead luggage racks will be destroyed in minutes, but otherwise it's a fairly decent facelift.

I did think they were getting a new PIS and CCTV though, but it doesn't look like it or is that another, future, upgrade?

Tom C

Todays workings*

1T07 06:45 Cambridge to London Kings Cross
2C06 08:03 London Kings Cross to Letchworth GC
2Y87 09:40 Welwyn GC to London Kings Cross
1P48 10:23 London Kings Cross to Peterborough
1P61 11:46 Peterborough to London Kings Cross
1C26 13:14 London Kings Cross to Cambridge
1C65 14:30 Cambridge to London Kings Cross
2V80 15:44 London Kings Cross to Welwyn GC
2Y89 16:40 Welwyn GC to London Kings Cross
1T04 17:10 London Kings Cross to Kings Lynn
1T79 19:37 Kings Lynn to London Kings Cross
1C80 21:53 London Kings Cross to Cambridge

*At the moment!!

This is the last allox from me I am afraid for about a week.

Happy hunting.

A-driver

Established Member
I did think they were getting a new PIS and CCTV though, but it doesn't look like it or is that another, future, upgrade?

They are. The next one will be getting CCTV (not sure about saloon CCTV but we have heard front facing which will bring it in line with the rest of the fleet) and new PIDS (they have lost the software disks for the existing ones which is why half the stopping patterns don't have a code).

The next ones will also get an upgraded cab- new chair, new paneling etc. (they may also fix the windscreen wipers with new blades which don't smear the bit you are looking through and don't squeak in a way that will make even the most patient and calm of drivers go mad and also fix the switch so you can actually turn them off when it stops raining without turning round and flicking the MCB out!)

This one was meant to get all this to but with various problems on both sides deciding what to do there were delays ordering parts. In order to keep to a rough timescale they had to send this one in to get the ball rolling even if the job wasn't finished. This unit will go back in for the final upgrades like cab upgrade and CCTV after all the others have come back.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I regularly use 365's between Stevenage and Kings Cross. You won't beat the as delivered Network South East livery ;)

When delivered they had carpets throughout, including the vestibules. At the last refresh the carpet in the vestibule area was replaced with lino. As others have mentioned it now looks as though carpet has fitted in the vestibule but removed from the rest of the carriage. This is a very backwards step imo.

The previous seating layout was perfect - why ruin it with more airline seats. The 365 is an excellent train, I do hope FCC deal with the carpets and seat layout before the lest of the fleet gets done.

Last edited:

A-driver

Established Member
Todays workings*

1T07 06:45 Cambridge to London Kings Cross

2C06 08:03 London Kings Cross to Letchworth GC

2Y87 09:40 Welwyn GC to London Kings Cross

1P48 10:23 London Kings Cross to Peterborough

1C26 13:14 London Kings Cross to Cambridge

1C65 14:30 Cambridge to London Kings Cross

2V80 15:44 London Kings Cross to Welwyn GC

2Y89 16:40 Welwyn GC to London Kings Cross

1T04 17:10 London Kings Cross to Kings Lynn

1T79 19:37 Kings Lynn to London Kings Cross

1C80 21:53 London Kings Cross to Cambridge

*At the moment!!

Happy hunting.

1T04 is the 1744 kings x-kings Lynn rather than the 1710. I believe the new unit will be the country end as if I remember rightly the Welwyn-kings x train attached to an 8 car to run the 1744 as a 12.

TEW

Established Member
That's certainly what happened the other day when I caught 2Y89, booked into Platform 0.

Aictos

Established Member
Todays workings*

*At the moment!!

Happy hunting.

DAMN!!! That train is usually my train to work, if I knew I would have got it today going into work!!!

jon0844

Veteran Member
I saw it earlier. Came in late and about 5 minutes turnaround, but it was blitzed by staff to clean it!

I'll post more photos later.

aza6enem.jpg

5evy2equ.jpg

u5udedu7.jpg

va7yna5e.jpg

8ujumevy.jpg

u2y9yzah.jpg

jy6aqy8a.jpg

hedepusu.jpg

jon0844

Veteran Member
Indeed! Makes up for the loss of others (like stickers to show where the luggage storage areas are).

I'm now on the 1544 KGX to WGC... and it's declassified too - so I'm writing this from first class! Even FCC staff seem to be coming to admire it.

I bet a fair few people will think it's a new train!

(Edit: It also smells like a carpet shop!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.