• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The TOC Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

EWS 58038

I did a test on an iMac using Firefox, Safari and Opera and all displayed fine. It was not my system but the one in my local Apple store. I did the same test on my iPhone and iPad and all browsers do display the text properly.

What is the result if you delete the TOCgame cookie and reload the page?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
No different, all the other text on the page is perfect, just the News section

It appears the style that is causing the issue as when I set this to ignore the "small fonts" is ignored

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I registered earlier this afternoon but I can't log in: "Wrong nickname or password."

googolplex

I've also noticed today the game isn't running the simulation for the next day, instead responding "Previous day was skipped due to excess server load"

Edit: I've just got the simulation page (before other users must have run it) and it takes ages to load the iframe before returing the error message "Could not load company"

Last edited:

Eng274

I managed to register and make a company, but when I log in it says "failed to load company"

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Well it happened to me when I removed m company from the beginner 1 game so I hope I haven't broken it all.

EWS 58038

I removed a company from the game server and the Company list does show up again. Hopefully the game will resume normally from now on.

Please refer to the TOC game message board for more information.

thefab444

Established Member
On the Average 1 IC 1970 scenario, all the electrified 3rd rail routes in the South East have a maximum length of 210ft for all passenger trains. This seems ridiculously short given that a single 4VEP is 263ft, so there is no 3rd rail stock which can run on these routes.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
On the Average 1 IC 1970 scenario, all the electrified 3rd rail routes in the South East have a maximum length of 210ft for all passenger trains. This seems ridiculously short given that a single 4VEP is 263ft, so there is no 3rd rail stock which can run on these routes.

I highlighted this on the TOC Game forum, it is a known problem.

rail-britain

Established Member
Yes and I still have no clue on how to transfer the original scenario data into the database.
email it to me, I can import it for you

Alternatively
Update the support ticket with the database access details and I will perform this directly

started reading this thread earlier and this TOC game sounds quite good. so i joined it with my new company SSR, however i keep getting a yellow block with "an error has occoured, failed to load" when i try to to anything on the pages whats wrong.:cry:

thefab444

Established Member
It's certainly less than stable. My company has been stuck in a game that finished ages ago for the past month or so!

Hopefully the bugs will be ironed out at some point.

me123

Established Member
I'm the same as thefab444. I have no idea what on earth's going on with it, so I've just given up for now. It's a shame; it was an excellent game. But if it's not going to be properly maintained, then what can you do?

Skimble19

Established Member
Does anyone know whats going on with this? Seems to have vanished, which is a real shame as it was a great game..

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I suspect the game is dead as the forum set up for it is also not available anymore and the admin had not visited it for some time before hand, even the twitter page set up had nothing on it last I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.