RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > Fares, Ticketing & Routeing > Fares Advice & Policy

Closed Thread

Old 17th March 2012, 18:34   #91
Bungle73
On Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Again View Post
So...just reached 2804 points. 2 pairs of 1st Class tickets. Thank you East Coast.

Just looking at the RedSpotted... loyalty scheme. Did I read it right? 2800 points would give me 28. What sort of incentive is that? My 4 1st Class tickets equates to at least 400.
No it would give you 280. 100 points is worth 1.
Sponsored links - Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 17th March 2012, 18:36   #92
Clip
Established Member

Im wondering if this rewards scheme is ever going to be as good as the cashback deals on offer from southern?

I can understand people wanting a bit of respite in the first class lounge once every so often but you still have to spend an awful lot to be able to get your voucher..

has anyone done a comparison with them yet? I see Southern are giving you 6% atm which isnt bad and seems better value on a ticket then a rest in a first class lounge
Old 17th March 2012, 18:56   #93
Lee_Again
1st Class passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle73 View Post
but the T&C's say

Each e-voucher will entitle the recipient to the same value in loyalty points. Each Loyalty Point is worth 1p, therefore a 10 e-voucher amounts to a total of 1000 loyalty points to be redeemed against the cost of future UK train travel with redspottedhanky.com.

What am I missing?
Old 17th March 2012, 19:12   #94
Bungle73
On Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Again View Post
but the T&C's say

Each e-voucher will entitle the recipient to the same value in loyalty points. Each Loyalty Point is worth 1p, therefore a 10 e-voucher amounts to a total of 1000 loyalty points to be redeemed against the cost of future UK train travel with redspottedhanky.com.

What am I missing?
That's an e-voucher you get given somehow, like the 5 ones they just gave away.

Quote:
Each Loyalty Point is worth 1p
Therefore 100 points is worth 1.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Spotted Hanky
The current redemption value of points is one point equal to one penny. We reserve the right to vary the rate at any time. Points may only be redeemed against future purchases. They can never be redeemed in cash.
filler

Last edited by Bungle73; 17th March 2012 at 19:12. Reason: Double post prevention system
Old 17th March 2012, 19:25   #95
SickyNicky
www.splitticketing.com
Verified Rep.

Quote:
I know my maths is dodgy, but last time I looked 2800 / 100 = 28 not 280.
Old 17th March 2012, 19:29   #96
shinkansen1966
Established Member

Be interesting to see if the rewards scheme will continue when East Coast is refranchised.
Old 17th March 2012, 19:37   #97
Bungle73
On Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickyNicky View Post
I know my maths is dodgy, but last time I looked 2800 / 100 = 28 not 280.
Ah........

This is what comes of trying to juggle several different threads on separate forums at the same time.
Old 18th March 2012, 22:12   #98
maddeningcrowds

Default First Class Lounge Pass - Electronic?

The instructions for the first class lounge pass mention printing out the pass and then refers to the "holder of the pass".

Has anyone tried doing this electronically e.g. on smart phone or ipad? I personally can't see what difference it makes whether you print it out or not.

I'm hoping I can decide much closer to the time whether to redeem my points or not, but by the time I can decide I won't have access to a printer.
Old 20th March 2012, 01:24   #99
Bungle73
On Moderation

Three, six and twelve months FC lounge passes now available

3 months = 700 points

6 months = 1100 points

12 month = 2000 points

I was hoping the 3 months pass would be a bit less than that.

http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/loyalty-i...by-step-guide/
Old 20th March 2012, 01:30   #100
lyesbkz

Interestingly (but unsurprisingly) the 3-, 6- and 12-month passes are not "Print at Home"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddeningcrowds View Post
Has anyone tried doing this electronically e.g. on smart phone or ipad? I personally can't see what difference it makes whether you print it out or not.
I tried it at King's Cross a couple of months ago and had no problems. I was going to ask whether it would be ok, however to be honest the bloke manning the desk didn't even look at it, when he heard the word 'lounge' he interrupted and just said "go ahead then" (without even a glance at the pass on my phone's screen)

Quote:
3 months = 700 points

6 months = 1100 points

12 month = 2000 points
These actually don't seem too bad, especially compared to the (now) extortionate "5 per lounge" policy for passengers who already hold a 1st Advance ticket!

Finally, I don't see these new Passes in the list of Rewards to select from once logged in (although maybe that's just because I don't have enough points!) I wonder if they'll ever start selling these for money, like EMT..

Last edited by lyesbkz; 20th March 2012 at 01:35. Reason: Double post prevention system
Old 20th March 2012, 11:31   #101
maddeningcrowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyesbkz

I tried it at King's Cross a couple of months ago and had no problems. I was going to ask whether it would be ok, however to be honest the bloke manning the desk didn't even look at it, when he heard the word 'lounge' he interrupted and just said "go ahead then" (without even a glance at the pass on my phone's screen)
Tried it with an iPad at Kings Cross but nobody checked anything at all. Nice facilities but shocking lime green carpet!
Old 19th April 2012, 12:05   #102
SWT_USER

Is anyone else having problems trying to book tickets using the 'free' ones?

I redeemed 900 points for a standard class return for two last night and can't book anything. I thought it may be an availability issue but it doesn't seem to work on any dates.

The journey I'm trying to book is London to Edinburgh going out on Saturday 19th and coming back on the 20th May.
Old 19th April 2012, 12:27   #103
Failed Unit
Established Member

The are quota, the selected train may be allocated.

I tend to book ASAP but the the cheapest 1st tickets are normally on offer! I think Friday's and weekends you may struggle if you don't get in early.
Old 19th April 2012, 12:42   #104
leyscjd

Since they 'refreshed' their website, the 'free' returns don't show up on any trains at any time. They are quota controlled but for the time being are not there at all.
Old 22nd April 2012, 13:14   #105
SWT_USER

It's telling me I have 0 unused vouchers, where presumably it should say I have 1 as I haven't booked the tickets yet? I've gone through the form on their website but they say they'll take 5 days to get back to me.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Quote:
Originally Posted by east coast
Thank you for your email dated 19th April 2012, regarding East Coast Rewards.

We are currently experiencing issues making bookings using reward points, please be assured we are working hard to resolve this issue as a matter of urgency, please accept our sincere apologies if this has caused you any inconvenience.

Thank you for contacting us.
Got this reply from them yesterday. Wish they'd told me that before I redeemed the points though!

Last edited by SWT_USER; 22nd April 2012 at 13:14. Reason: Double post prevention system
Closed Thread