RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > UK Railway Forums > UK Railway Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 27th April 2012, 11:10   #1
trainophile
Established Member

Default What's Moorfields like atm? (Liv Central closure)

Just wondering if anyone with first hand experience of using Moorfields last week could kindly report in. I'm changing from Wirral to Northern Line there tomorrow (1300-ish) and wondering how crowd control is working. I read somewhere that there would be a queueing system in place to prevent overcrowding on the platforms - is that happening?

Also, on the return journey if I was delayed in a queuing system and therefore missed my timed train at Chester (on Advance ticket) would allowances be made?

Not so worried outbound as I can get any train, but could be tricky if held up on returning.
Sponsored links - Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 27th April 2012, 11:19   #2
John55

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainophile View Post
Just wondering if anyone with first hand experience of using Moorfields last week could kindly report in. I'm changing from Wirral to Northern Line there tomorrow (1300-ish) and wondering how crowd control is working. I read somewhere that there would be a queueing system in place to prevent overcrowding on the platforms - is that happening?

Also, on the return journey if I was delayed in a queuing system and therefore missed my timed train at Chester (on Advance ticket) would allowances be made?

Not so worried outbound as I can get any train, but could be tricky if held up on returning.
Last Monday lunchtime it was just busier than normal with no problems. There were slightly longer dwell times on the platform but nothing to worry about.
Old 27th April 2012, 11:36   #3
trainophile
Established Member

Thanks John, that's reassuring. Of course I haven't checked yet whether there's any footy on that might affect things tomorrow! Better go do that now...

Edit: Oh dear...

Everton V Fulham Sat 28 Apr 15:00

Norwich V Liverpool Sat 28 Apr 17:30

Could be "interesting" on the trains.
Closed Thread