• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to run BVE4 under Windows Vista x86 and x64 and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukneilw

After 5 months of trial and error, process exploring, and general headaches I am pleased to say I have managed to get BVE working on Vista from a clean install (upgrade installations should work already if you had BVE before.)

Please note if after following these instructions you have a white screen in BVE then the problem is with your graphics card drivers and you should look through the thread for more info. I do not have a solution to this but can tell you that my ATI2600HD works fine as did an older ATI X1300 card which I used to have.

Here's how you do it:

Vista x86 (32 bit)

1. You need to download 3 files, or if you still have XP copy them across to your Vista installation. Those 3 files are:

dx7vb.dll
    dx8vb.dll
    d3drm.dll

You can find them on your XP installation under the Windows\System32 directory. The download links are:

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/D/dx7vb.dll/5.03.2600.2180/download.html

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/D/dx8vb.dll/5.03.2600.2180/download.html

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/D/d3drm.dll/5.1.2600.0/download.html

2. Now that you have those 3 files, you need to put them in the Vista system32 directory, this is usually C:\Windows\System32 - best way to do this is to move them using Windows Explorer.
  3. Go to the Start Button, choose All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt. You should get a black window titled "Administrator: Command Prompt" - if not, right click Command Prompt in the start menu and choose "Run as administrator".
  4. In the command window, type in the following (note that <enter> means press the enter key):

cd c:\windows\system32 <enter> (assuming windows is on your C: drive, if not put the correct letter in.)

regsvr32 dx7vb.dll <enter> Click OK on the window that comes up saying dllregserver succeeded

regsvr32 dx8vb.dll <enter> Click OK on the window that comes up saying dllregserver succeeded

exit <enter>

That should be it - give BVE a try.

Vista x64 (64 bit)

1. Follow the steps above up to and including opening the command prompt. However, instead of copying the files to c:\windows\system32, copy them to c:\windows\syswow64
  2. In the command window, type in the following (note that <enter> means press the enter key):

cd c:\windows\syswow64 <enter> (assuming windows is on your C: drive, if not put the correct letter in.)

regsvr32 dx7vb.dll <enter> Click OK on the window that comes up saying dllregserver succeeded

regsvr32 dx8vb.dll <enter> Click OK on the window that comes up saying dllregserver succeeded

exit <enter>

BVE should now work on Vista x64.

If you get problems after doing this, try turning off UAC as sometimes this helps BVE to run. I wont give detailed instructions how as Microsoft already do that. On your start menu, go to Help and Support and type in "how to disable UAC", choose the how to turn off User Account Control topic and follow the instructions.

If you are interested, the technical reason behind why this did not work out of the box is Microsoft stopped providing backward compatibility for DirectX 7 and DirectX 8 starting with the Vista DirectX 10. The only way around this is to copy the 2 support files across from Vista or download them and register them manually. The d3drm.dll file seems to cause a secondary crash if not present, I have no idea why this is not in Vista.

I tried BVE on NWM on a few runs and it is fine - the only problem I have encountered is that if you run it windowed, the on screen text such as reverser, speed, FPS, etc displays in english with what looks like japanese behind so you can't see it. Running BVE full screen is fine though.

If you still have problems, post them here and I will see if I can help.

Have fun,

Neil :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eezypeazy

If this works, then this man has just saved our hobby.....

We will all be in your debt.....

Mods, this should be a sticky.....

Regards

eezypeazy

Coxster

Established Member
Look forward to seeing if anyone with Vista can confirm that this does indeed work. Not got Vista myself so can't try it.

dan_atki

Established Member
Unfortunately, I just tried it and as soon as I click OK on the screen size dialogue I get the familiar BVE has stopped working box :(

Although I'm not saying that it doesn't work on all machines running Vista though, just not on mine.

David

Established Member
I'll have to give this a try.

All I have to do first is find a guide to installing BVE that even a drunk moderator (according to Rhys :roll: ;)) can understand. :shock: :oops: :lol:

Tom B

Established Member
I've stickied it - hopefully this will ensure BVE can stay working for future generations?

nath9425

Are you defiantly sure though that this won't crash or mess up my PC! After just finally dual botting with XP I'm happily enjoying BVE 4!

I suppose if it works then Development on a lot of routes will go on!

Simon_G

As eezypeazy says, you may just have saved our hobby :D

After 5 months of trial and error, process exploring, and general headaches
:shock: give that man a cup of tea (cries of "Eccles - you idiot").

First thing you need to do is turn off UAC. If you don't do this BVE will not run in the correct user context.
Could you not just share the BVE folder and its subfolders, rather than turning off UAC altogether? I've done this on my Dad's PC under Vista for other programs that store their data in the program folder and it seems to work ok.

ukneilw

Has anyone given this a try yet? If it is not working, then let me know and I will do a clean install of Vista and see if I missed out any steps. I have attached a picture from within Vista so you can see it running. I can assure everyone though, registering these files will not break your installation of Vista!

Attachments

• bveonvista.jpg
    bveonvista.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 281

dan_atki

Established Member
Yes Neil, I have tried it on my version of 32 bit Vista Home Premium as mentioned above and I still get the BVE has stopped working dialogue when I click ok on the screen size dialogue. Do you have any suggestions?

ukneilw

Can you post or PM me the contents of the error from your event log? If you go into event viewer, under windows logs, application log look for the most recent Windows Error Reporting (ID 1001) entry which relates to BVE, it will look something like this :

Fault bucket 10989844, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: None
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: bve.exe
P2: 4.2.1947.25355
P3: 42748274
P4: Bve
P5: 4.2.1947.25355
P6: 42748274
P7: 14f
P8: d5
P9: PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX
P10:

dan_atki

Established Member
Thank you Neil:

Fault bucket 21827399, type 5

Problem signature:
P1: bve.exe
P2: 4.2.1947.25355
P3: 42748274
P4: System.Windows.Forms
P5: 2.0.0.0
P6: 4536f34f
P7: 197d
P8: 2
P9: PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX
P10:

SWTPete

Confirmed. Just followed those instructions exactly, BVE 4 now works for me on Vista 32-Bit....albeit with Japanese text as the OP said....but thats no big deal right now :razz:

Craig

Established Member
I've tried this and it sort of works...

It loads fine but the loading screen is white and when I load routes I only see white. It's working I.E. you can drive it and hear sounds but I can't see anything but white!

PM me for an email if you want, I'll send you what I can.

SWTPete

Only problem i have is with the reverser, say your driving in notch 4 for example, the reverser will set itself to Neutral at random, as if the "Jump to Neutral" command is on....but it isn't :???:

ukneilw

Thank you Neil:

Fault bucket 21827399, type 5

That's a file not found error - probably Windows Common Controls, but a bit hard to say as so many things can interact with System.Windows.Forms. First thing I would do is reinstall .NET Framework 2 from the MS site - if that doesn't work I will talk you through a way to find out what is missing, it is a bit long winded though unfortunately!

dan_atki

Established Member
Hi Neil - .NET Framework 2 refuses to install as it says it is already installed as part of the operating system. If you could PM me the way on how to find out what is missing I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.

ukneilw

Okay, I thought it might say something like that - I will work out the best way of doing this and send you over some instructions.

Simon_G

It would be helpful if you carried out this conversation in public, guys, as similar problems are very likely to afflict other users.

Hi,

I think it could be a bad mistake if you disable the UAC. The User Account Control in Windows Vista improves the safety and security of your computer by preventing potentially dangerous software from making changes to your computer without your explicit consent. This feature works with Windows Defender and Internet Explorer 7 to help reduce the impact of viruses, spyware, and other threats.

You need to check out these links:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...8514-4c9e-ac08-4c21f5c6c2d91033.mspx?mfr=true

And

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/details/useraccountcontrol.mspx

Only disable this feature at your own discretion!

ukneilw

If you are worried about safety then by all means leave UAC on. It is the first thing I disable when I build a Vista machine, but only because of my own technical experience, if you do not know the OS inside out then there is a potential risk but probably quite small.

If you want to use UAC, you will need to unzip the file attached in the BVE4 directory - it replaces the existing bve4.exe.manifest file and prompts you to run BVE as an administrator whenever you start it. Make sure you back up your old one (rename it) before copying this one into your mackoy\BVE4 directory.

Attachments

• bve.zip
    515 bytes · Views: 168

Simon_G

Why do you need to run BVE as an administrator, Neil? As I said above, I've set up other programs that store their data with the program files so that an ordinary user can run them, simply by sharing the program and data folders. It might be possible to lock down the permissions more specifically than that if you're prepared to make installing routes and trains an admin activity (e.g. BRR needs write access to Railway\Route but everything else can be read only).

Is there another reason why BVE needs to run as Admin under UAC? If not, I'm with Zane on this, bearing in mind that the users we support on Trainsimcentral are frequently not particularly knowledgable and I'm not inclined to advise them to reduce the level of protection on their computers just to run BVE.

ukneilw

Why do you need to run BVE as an administrator, Neil? As I said above, I've set up other programs that store their data with the program files so that an ordinary user can run them, simply by sharing the program and data folders. It might be possible to lock down the permissions more specifically than that if you're prepared to make installing routes and trains an admin activity (e.g. BRR needs write access to Railway\Route but everything else can be read only).

Is there another reason why BVE needs to run as Admin under UAC? If not, I'm with Zane on this, bearing in mind that the users we support on Trainsimcentral are frequently not particularly knowledgable and I'm not inclined to advise them to reduce the level of protection on their computers just to run BVE.

Disabling UAC or running as an administrator is a solution to some of the DirectX problems, you might need to do it, and maybe not - it really depends on the installation. The problem with the BVE error is that it could be more than one thing which causes the crash depending on the installation.

What I suggest in the interest of security is that users leave that on, and just follow the other steps. If problems are still experienced, copy the attached file to the BVE directory (please do not use the last one I uploaded - I formatted it incorrectly and it doesn't work). That way *if* admin rights are required, it will prompt the user asking for permission.

Attachments

• bve.zip
    511 bytes · Views: 483

morgantyreman

C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(133) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(20) NWM\Track\X\STDtrack.x ;no catenery welded
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(134) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(31) NWM\Track\X\woodtrackOLE.x ;catenery underbridge jointed wood
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(135) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(33) NWM\Track\X\disusedwoodtrack1_OLE.x ;catenery disused
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(136) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(35) NWM\Track\X\woodtrackOLE.x ;catenery jointed wood
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(137) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(37) NWM\Track\woodtrack_TunnelOLE.csv ;catenery tunnel jointed wood
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(138) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(38) NWM\Track\X\woodtrackOLE.x ;catenery passing train jointed wood
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(139) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(45) NWM\Track\X\woodtrack.x ;no catenery jointed wood
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(140) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(71) NWM\Track\X\R2400STD_left_Adj0.x ;no catenery welded curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(141) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(78) NWM\Track\X\R2400STD_left_Adj25.x ;no catenery welded curved join from left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(142) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(79) NWM\Track\X\R2400wood_left_Adj25_OLE.x ;catenery jointed curved join from left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(143) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(80) NWM\Track\X\L600wood_right_Adj0_OLE.x ;catenery jointed wood curved turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(144) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(81) NWM\Track\X\R600wood_left_Adj25_OLE.x ;catenery jointed wood curved turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(145) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(82) NWM\Track\X\L600STD_right_Adj0_OLE.x ;catenery welded curved turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(146) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(83) NWM\Track\X\R600STD_left_Adj25_OLE.x ;catenery welded curved turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(147) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(85) NWM\Track\L2400wood_Tunnel_right_Adj25_OLE.csv ;catenery jointed wood curved turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(148) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(86) NWM\Track\X\L600wood_right_Adj25_OLE.x ;catenery jointed wood curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(149) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(87) NWM\Track\X\L2400wood_right_Adj0_OLE.x ;catenery jointed wood curved turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(150) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(88) NWM\Track\L2400wood_Tunnel_right_Adj0_OLE.csv ;catenery jointed wood tunnel curved turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(151) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(89) NWM\Track\woodstraight_Tunnel_left_Adj0_OLE.csv ;catenery jointed wood tunnel straight turn left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(152) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(90) NWM\Track\woodstraight_Tunnel_left_Adj25_OLE.csv ;catenery jointed wood tunnel straight join from left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(153) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(91) NWM\Track\X\R2400STD_left_Adj0_OLE.x ;catenery welded curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(154) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(93) NWM\Track\X\R600wood_left_Adj0_OLE.x ;catenery jointed wood curved turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(155) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(94) NWM\Track\X\R600STD_left_Adj0_OLE.x ;catenery welded curved turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(156) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(95) NWM\Track\R600wood_tunnel_left_Adj0_OLE.csv ;catenery tunnel jointed wood curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(157) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(96) NWM\Track\X\L600STD_right_Adj25_OLE.x ;catenery welded curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(158) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(97) NWM\Track\X\L2400STD_right_Adj0_OLE.x ;catenery welded curved turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(159) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(98) NWM\Track\X\R2400STD_left_Adj25_OLE.x ;catenery welded curved join from left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(160) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(99) NWM\Track\X\L2400STD_right_Adj25_OLE.x ;catenery welded curved join from right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(161) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(100) NWM\Track\X\nbSTDtrackOLE.x ;nb catenery welded
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(162) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(103) NWM\Track\weldedrail.csv ;welded rail in centre
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(163) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(105) NWM\Track\X\nbSTDtrackOLE.x ;nb catenery jointed
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(164) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(110) NWM\Track\X\nbSTDtrackOLE.x ;nb catenery underbridge welded
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(165) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(112) NWM\Track\X\nbSTDtrackOLE_600L.x ;nb catenery welded curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(166) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(113) NWM\Track\X\nbSTDtrackOLE_600R.x ;nb catenery welded curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(167) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(114) NWM\Track\X\nbwoodTrackOLE_600L.x ;nb catenery jointed wood curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(168) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(115) NWM\Track\X\nbwoodTrackOLE_600R.x ;nb catenery jointed wood curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(169) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(118) NWM\Track\nbwoodtrack_TunnelOLE_2400L.csv ;nb catenery tunnel jointed wood curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(170) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(120) NWM\Track\X\nbSTDtrack.x ;nb no catenery welded
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(171) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(126) NWM\Track\X\nbSTDTrack_600L.x ;nb no catenery welded curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(172) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(129) NWM\Track\X\nbwoodTrack_600R.x ;nb no catenery jointed wood curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(173) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(131) NWM\Track\X\nbwoodtrackOLE.x ;nb catenery underbridge jointed wood
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(174) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(135) NWM\Track\X\nbwoodtrackOLE.x ;nb catenery jointed wood
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(175) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(137) NWM\Track\nbwoodtrack_TunnelOLE.csv ;nb catenery tunnel jointed wood
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(176) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(145) NWM\Track\X\nbwoodtrack.x ;nb no catenery jointed wood
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(177) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(146) NWM\Track\X\L2400wood_right_Adj0.x ;no catenery jointed wood curved turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(178) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(150) NWM\Track\X\STDstraightL_Adj0.x ;no catenery welded straight turn left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(179) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(157) NWM\Track\X\woodstraightR_Adj25.x ;no catenery jointed straight join from right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(180) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(158) NWM\Track\X\DwoodstraightR_Adj0.x ;no catenery disused jointed straight turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(181) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(159) NWM\Track\X\DwoodstraightR_Adj25.x ;no catenery disused jointed straight join from right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(182) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(160) NWM\Track\X\STDstraightL_Adj0_OLE.x ;catenery welded straight turn left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(183) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(161) NWM\Track\X\woodstraightL_Adj0_OLE.x ;catenery jointed straight turn left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(185) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(163) NWM\Track\X\woodstraightR_Adj0_OLE.x ;catenery jointed straight turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(186) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(164) NWM\Track\X\STDstraightL_Adj25_OLE.x ;catenery welded straight join from left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(187) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(165) NWM\Track\X\woodstraightL_Adj25_OLE.x ;catenery jointed straight join from left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(189) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(167) NWM\Track\X\woodstraightR_Adj25_OLE.x ;catenery jointed straight join from right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(190) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(209) NWM\Track\X\nbSTDtrack_2400R.x ;nb no catenery welded curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(191) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(216) NWM\Track\X\nbwoodtrackOLE_1800L.x ;nb catenery jointed curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(193) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(220) NWM\Track\X\woodtrackOLE_2400L.x ;catenery jointed curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(194) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(221) NWM\Track\X\woodtrackOLE_2400R.x ;catenery jointed curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(195) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(222) NWM\Track\woodtrack_TunnelOLE_2400L.csv ;catenery tunnel jointed curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(196) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(223) NWM\Track\woodtrack_TunnelOLE_2400R.csv ;catenery tunnel jointed curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(197) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(224) NWM\Track\X\woodtrackOLE_2400L.x ;catenery underbridge jointed curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(198) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(225) NWM\Track\X\woodtrackOLE_2400R.x ;catenery underbridge jointed curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(201) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(228) NWM\Track\X\nbwoodtrackOLE_2400L.x ;nb catenery jointed curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(202) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(229) NWM\Track\X\nbwoodtrackOLE_2400R.x ;nb catenery jointed curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(203) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(230) NWM\Track\X\STDtrackOLE_1800L.x ;catenery welded curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(204) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(231) NWM\Track\X\STDtrackOLE_1800R.x ;catenery welded curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(205) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(240) NWM\Track\X\STDtrackOLE_2400L.x ;catenery welded curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(206) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(241) NWM\Track\X\STDtrackOLE_2400R.x ;catenery welded curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(207) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(242) NWM\Track\STDtrack_TunnelOLE_2400L.csv ;catenery tunnel welded curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(208) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(243) NWM\Track\STDtrack_TunnelOLE_2400R.csv ;catenery tunnel welded curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(209) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(244) NWM\Track\X\STDtrackOLE_2400L.x ;catenery underbridge welded curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(210) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(245) NWM\Track\X\STDtrackOLE_2400R.x ;catenery underbridge welded curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(211) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(246) NWM\Track\X\STDtrackOLE_2400L.x ;catenery passing train welded curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(212) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(247) NWM\Track\X\STDtrackOLE_2400R.x ;catenery passing train welded curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(213) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(248) NWM\Track\X\nbSTDtrackOLE_2400L.x ;nb catenery welded curved left
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(214) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(249) NWM\Track\X\nbSTDtrackOLE_2400R.x ;nb catenery welded curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(215) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(250) NWM\Track\X\L2400STD_right_Adj0_OLE.x ;catenery welded curved left turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(216) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(251) NWM\Track\X\R2400wood_left_Adj0_OLE.x ;catenery jointed curved right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(217) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(252) NWM\Track\X\L2400wood_right_Adj25_OLE.x ;catenery welded curved turn right
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(218) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Rail(253) NWM\Track\X\Ywood_left_Adj25_OLE.x ;catenery welded straight
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(223) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.FormR(0) NWM\Stations\FormR.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(224) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.FormL(0) NWM\Stations\FormL.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(225) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.FormCR(0) NWM\Stations\FormCR.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(226) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.FormCL(0) NWM\Stations\FormCL.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(228) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(0) NWM\Terrain\grass.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(230) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(2) NWM\Terrain\ground00.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(231) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(3) NWM\Terrain\ground00dark.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(232) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(4) NWM\Terrain\sea.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(233) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(5) NWM\Terrain\Field5.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(235) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(7) NWM\Terrain\Field7.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(236) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(10) NWM\Terrain\Field10.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(237) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(11) NWM\Terrain\Field11.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(238) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(12) NWM\Terrain\Field12.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(239) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(13) NWM\Terrain\Field13.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(240) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(14) NWM\Terrain\Field14.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(241) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(15) NWM\Terrain\Field15.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(242) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(16) NWM\Terrain\Field16.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(243) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(17) NWM\Terrain\Field17.csv
C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Network West Midlands\13.00 [220] Maybank-Hammerwich 4car.csv(244) : Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315: Structure.Ground(18) NWM\Terrain\Field18.csv
The number of errors exceeded the limit.

Help please, just getting white screen but can here the enjin ticking over

anything to do with no excel ? i have Open Office though

Simon_G

If you're running under Vista, are you running BVE as Administrator? Are you using the revised bve.exe.manifest file that ukneilw posted above?

blakeam

I still cant play. When I load up my route, I get all white. I can still hear and operate the train, but of course, cant see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.