• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Narrow Gauge wagons & Rails at Shallcross!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill EWS

I enjoyed a day up in Derbyshire last Saturday, walking the old Cromford & High Peak track bed between Whaley Bridge and the Bunsell Incline at the south end of Fernilee Reservoir, near Buxton. This included the Whaley Bridge and Shallcross inclines as well as most of the two Bunsell inclines, which are at 1 in 7. This incline i now a road.

On the return walk I was surprised to see some narrow guage wagons and a loco tender below the Shallcross Goods Yard site. The tender is marked as O.K. As you see the bogie wagons has been oaded with a fair number of rails. wonder if anyone knows who the O.K. railway group are and why these vehicles should be at this site. It was originally a large works alongside the railway with the work entrance by the road entrance into Shallcross Goods Yard. While the inclines south closed around 1896 Shallcross Goods closed in the mid 60's.

2ewp66h.jpg

34gnddc.jpg

qoingn.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.