• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster Pay As You Go Top Error (In My Favour)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncanp

Established Member
Has anyone else had this happen to them.

I have an annual travelcard for Zones 1 - 3 on oyster, and I topped up the PAYG balance online with £5, as I will need to make some journeys outside zone 3 in the next few weeks.

When I touched in at my nominated station on Thursday morning on the way to work, my Oyster card was credited with £5 as expected.

However when I touched out at the same station on Thursday afternoon on the way home from work, my Oyster card was credited with another £5.

On checking my credit card statement however, only £5 was deducted from my card.

Just wanted to know whether this is an isolated incident, or if it has happened before.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trivran

Know of a bloke who somehow ended up with £56 on his Oyster when he first got it. TfL let him keep it!

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Has anyone else had this happen to them.

I have an annual travelcard for Zones 1 - 3 on oyster, and I topped up the PAYG balance online with £5, as I will need to make some journeys outside zone 3 in the next few weeks.

When I touched in at my nominated station on Thursday morning on the way to work, my Oyster card was credited with £5 as expected.

However when I touched out at the same station on Thursday afternoon on the way home from work, my Oyster card was credited with another £5.

On checking my credit card statement however, only £5 was deducted from my card.

Just wanted to know whether this is an isolated incident, or if it has happened before.

It's not isolated as someone else has reported the same issue on my site. I wonder if you can expand on the details of which station, either here or by PM.

spinba11

I once went from Stanmore to Wembley Park and picked up a travel card as I left which cost me £1, a few days later I got a auto refund for £1.

Status
Not open for further replies.