• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Bus Caught Fire 20 July in Hazlemere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroman62

It seems an Arriva bus caught fire yesterday (20 July)

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/13465848.Pictures_and_video__Fire_crews_tackle_bus_fire/

The report says

" Fire crews dealt with a bus blaze in Hazlemere this afternoon.

The bus caught fire near Park Parade and two fire crews from High Wycombe attended.

The bus was described as being 'well alight' when they arrived at the scene at 2.08pm.

Firefighters used two hose reels, two sets of breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera and a triple extension ladder to put the fire out.

Crews remained at the scene for around 45 minutes.

One person told how they saw the bus on fire and pulled over to see what was going on.

He said: "I was one of the first people on the scene. I didn't see how it happened and I don't know if there was anyone on the bus at the time but I saw the bus driver standing near the bus. I think he was in shock. It must have been traumatic."
"
I hope everyone was OK, I think it was a service 1 (Chesham / High Wycome)

When a bus catchs fire, they do seem to go up in a lot of flames

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DunsBus

Established Member
Abus last week, Arriva this week - if I were a manager of a bus company whose name began with 'A', I'd be seriously worried just now...

Statto

Established Member
Abus last week, Arriva this week - if I were a manager of a bus company whose name began with 'A', I'd be seriously worried just now...

In my area there's Avon & A2B, there's A1A but they handed in their stage carriage contracts in a few years ago & just do private hire work now.;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.