• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Emmerdale train collision

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatcherZero

Established Member
Are train crashs in vogue or something? This is from Emmerdale next week and Coronation streets planning a tram crash Nov/Dec.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s...pictures-shock-emmerdale-train-crash.html?rss

550w_soaps_emmerdale_crash_aut_2010_1.jpg

550w_soaps_emmerdale_crash_aut_2010_2.jpg

(No I dont watch soaps by the way, picked up by my news aggregator)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kernowfem

Remind me not to move to Emmerdale....plane crashes, lorry crashes and now a train crash!

That second pic is awful. Looks like some naff advertisment for a ghost hunting team looking for some sort of demon train...

Wyvern

Established Member
No wonder my young grandson is frightened of travelling by train.

Failed Unit

Established Member
No wonder my young grandson is frightened of travelling by train.

That is probably too much Thomas the tank engine, if UK railways had as many accident as them we would be shut down.

"The sign said go slow"
"I am an express engine, I never go slow said Gordon"
"Then their was trouble...."

Darandio

Established Member
Although all Class 47s look the same, for some reason it looks like Stratford Groups Class 47?

Pretty sure it would have a red buffer beam if it was the case. It is clearly a model anyway, look at the van wheels, dinky toy anyone?

Darandio

Established Member
Now that would be good, an accidental tactical strike on Emmerdale, Weatherfield and Albert Square that wipes out all residents and makes the places uninhabitable for at least 1000 years.

dk1

Veteran Member
Emmerdale may suprise me & do it well but i will probably not be able to watch it as the inaccurracies & over-kill will no doubt wind me up so much it isn't worth it.

Crossforth

Established Member
One in accuracy already... Since when are 47s used on the mainline anymore in service and carry BR Blue as the livery?

Unless of course they are on a preserved railway

gcrn

Pretty sure it would have a red buffer beam if it was the case. It is clearly a model anyway, look at the van wheels, dinky toy anyone?

Nope - not a model.
The loco is 47292, based at GCRN.
The filming for the incident happened over a week-long period in mid-august.
47292 was used, along with a short rake of Dogfish and a shark.
GCRN crews operated the locomotive.
The filming took place at Asher Lane Level Crossing, Ruddington.

47292 will feature (along with our 8 other operational Diesels and a visiting GBrf 66), at the GCRN's October 23+24th Diesel Gala.
Details of the filming, loco and Diesel Gala at www.gcrn.co.uk.

M

Multiple Unit

East Enders is planning a train crash at a Level Crossing also this one involves Staceys Baby (Lily) and Genniene and Ruyan using Class 31 No 108 from the NVR.

What are they trying to do put people off traveling by train..?

GB

Established Member
One in accuracy already... Since when are 47s used on the mainline anymore in service and carry BR Blue as the livery?

Its a soap and is fictional. I don't think appeasing the enthusiast community was high on the list of priorities for the producers.

Multiple Unit

Its a soap and is fictional. I don't think appeasing the enthusiast community was high on the list of priorities for the producers.

47 580 is offten used on Rail Tours along the main line plus VT Thunder Birds are Class 57s but not a great deal of Difference between them to my knoledge plus Im pretty sure colas rail use a claas 47 on the woods train that come through WIGAN NW.

Established Member
Colas, DRS, WCRC, S47G, Rivera all have 47s out on the mainline

270 is in BR blue so to answer your question, 1 in BR blue 1 in LLB and a few in Rivera blue

sprinterguy

Established Member
Using preserved railways is a compromise that most TV shows looking to use a train-based filming sequence have to make: No doubt it would be extremely difficult to gain permission from Network Rail for a possession of a part of the National Network for such an event (Although of course, there are exceptions, such as the Harry Potter “Hogwarts Express” filming), I’m sure it’s cheaper just to ask a preserved railway.

And hence a lot of the time heritage traction no longer in regular service makes an appearance in such scenarios. And tbh, the general viewing public are none the wiser. A train is just a train to them, with no distinction between different types.

I have to say that those initial images that have been posted are absolutely god awful for various photoshopping jobs. It’s difficult to make out that it’s actually a real loco: I honestly thought it was a 00 gauge model!

Now that would be good, an accidental tactical strike on Emmerdale, Weatherfield and Albert Square that wipes out all residents and makes the places uninhabitable for at least 1000 years.
I completely and utterly agree!

gcrn

Is that a guards van on the back? :D

ITV1-Emmerdale-Train-Smash-wk40-Sep10-12.jpg

It is a Shark. The train comprised four Dogfish and a Shark, so was an entirely prototypical P-Way train. Because of back-up moves during the filming the Shark had a rostered guard throughout the filming.

M
www.gcrn.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.