• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

37057 Failed?

CDM Transport

Hello all,

Is Barbara Arbon failed? Its currently stuck at Aberdeen Clayhills Car MD with its last few workings going down as 'problem with the train'

It might be something to do with it being cancelled outside Derby on Monday and then running on Tuesday instead?

Any info would be nice!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

moffatcalum

Caught a video of it passing Kinghorn at 1.04am on Thursday (working 3Q45 Slateford Depot to Aberdeen Clayhills. All seemed to be in working order at that point

Class 37 37057 & DBSO 9708 pass Kinghorn Station at 1AM

CDM Transport

It did look like the driver thought it was fine, the working was cancelled due to diesel loco failure/defect/attention: traction , reinstated and then cancelled again due to DMU (inc. HST/MPV) failure/defect/attention: other (excluding Railhead Conditioning trains)

moffatcalum

Possible the issue was solved as I almost missed it, 12 early on RTT (Inverkeithing) when I left home and it had made time up to 14 early by Kinghorn. Usually find they lose time through Burntisland for the tightly curved viaduct & station speed restrictions. Need to check when she arrived at Slateford Depot

1Q18

There was an issue with power distribution on board the train, with the generators in the DBSO (Driving Brake Standard Open) and the test coach (Ultrasonic Test Unit 3) not exporting power around the train. Without this, the recording equipment couldn’t work, and the train couldn’t be driven from the DBSO. I’m not sure what the precise issue was but it’s usually a quick fix once a LORAM fitter arrives from Derby.

CDM Transport

There was an issue with power distribution on board the train, with the generators in the DBSO (Driving Brake Standard Open) and the test coach (Ultrasonic Test Unit 3) not exporting power around the train. Without this, the recording equipment couldn’t work, and the train couldn’t be driven from the DBSO. I’m not sure what the precise issue was but it’s usually a quick fix once a LORAM fitter arrives from Derby.
Will they get a LORAM fitter to come up with another 37?