• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Decarbonising Scotland’s Railways

Trainbike46

Established Member
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

takno

Established Member
disappointing to see that they have withdrawn the planning permission application
Looks like they've probably determined that it needs some planning work in order to pass, and withdrawn it so that work can be scheduled and/or done.

snowball

Established Member
Has anything been heard in the last year or so about progress, or the lack of it, on the feeder stations at Currie, Portobello or Newton?

They are three of the six contracted in summer 2022, and are the ones of which I have heard nothing.

59CosG95

Established Member
Has anything been heard in the last year or so about progress, or the lack of it, on the feeder stations at Currie, Portobello or Newton?

They are three of the six contracted in summer 2022, and are the ones of which I have heard nothing.
I believe construction work at Currie is complete, and works are underway at Portobello (insofar as that a works compound has been established). Devegetation west of the existing FS/TSC seems to have been done at Newton.

News on the Galafoot viaduct - planning application related.
There were two apparently identical applications made - one is now shown as being withdrawn, the other is shown as 'awaiting decision'.

SC318250

With the suspension of the RMT strike on Scotrail, in the press release from Scotrail, they say new trains from around 2030… so I take it the Class 318/320/334 replacement is pushed back to at least 2030?

jagardner1984

With the suspension of the RMT strike on Scotrail, in the press release from Scotrail, they say new trains from around 2030… so I take it the Class 318/320/334 replacement is pushed back to at least 2030?
Sometimes it is helpful to remember these markers of the first time it was conceded it would be 2030 (by which time the 318 will be almost 45 years in service).

If only someone had told them the need for a replacement was approaching ‍♂️

Expensive times if they get the invoice for the HST and suburban EMU replacements in the same week !

snowball

Established Member
Is this press release online anywhere? I tried last night and again this afternoon but both times, when I went to this page and clicked on "Latest news", it said "The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later."

chuff chuff

Top of their Facebook

There was an internal email saying they still putting the business plan together for the various new traction and that will be put to transport scotland/government later this year.

snowball

Established Member
Top of their Facebook
Thank you. Found it eventually:

RMT strike action on ScotRail services cancelled after agreement reached:
Strike action that was due to take place this weekend (18 and 19 May) has been cancelled, with services operating as normal. This follows agreement between the ScotRail and the RMT trade union following conciliation through the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas).
Conductor members of the RMT trade union based at Glasgow Central, Dumfries, Ayr, and Stranraer recently voted in favour of industrial action in a dispute over the mode of operation on electric services to Barrhead. Strike action was due to take place on three consecutive weekends, starting this weekend.
ScotRail and the RMT have agreed that consultation will take place on the mode of operation on routes where new electric trains will be deployed, which is anticipated to be around 2030. This allows for more than five years to carry out meaningful consultation.
Phil Campbell, ScotRail Customer Operations Director, said:
“We are pleased to have reached agreement with the RMT, which avoids disruption to ScotRail customers this weekend. The focus for all of us at ScotRail is on delivering a safe, reliable, and green service for our passengers.
“Ahead of the introduction of new electric trains, ScotRail will consult with trade union colleagues about the mode of operation.”

SC318250

I am guessing that if a tender goes out at the end of the year, then it is looking like 2029 before any new fleet would be delivered?
This being the case, the Class 320 will need another Tbox as will the Class 318?