• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help with names!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou

I'm hoping to get some advice from forum members.

I am a small hotelier - just acquiring my second property! The building is called The Station Hotel and is currently undergoing a refurbishment to create five attractive guest bedrooms for B&B use. More bedrooms will be added when we have further funds - upto 10. The building is a beautiful three storey stone structure with enormous chimneys and is sited directly opposite the market town train station. It is Victorian and is approx 120 years old.

The guest rooms are just numbered at present but we want to assign names to each room with a theme which references the buildings Victorian steam era.

Do any members have any thoughts on what names to assign? We wondered about famous loco names or names of cities with Victorian stations?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4SRKT

Established Member
What about names of prominent Victorian engineers? Stephenson, Brunel, Telford etc?

LMS6202

What about names of prominent Victorian engineers? Stephenson, Brunel, Telford etc?

Good idea. Plus the names of various railway companies. There's plenty to choose from. LNWR, GN, Midland etc..

O L Leigh

Established Member
Or you could use the names of famous "named trains", like the Flying Scotsman, Golden Arrow and so on. Click for an incomplete list (where's The East Anglian or The Easterling...?).

You could use reproductions of their headboards to identify each room door. I've got some B&W pictures of some of the Eastern Region headboards I could scan in tonight to get you started, if you like.

O L Leigh

Last edited:

mumrar

Established Member
Knowing how fiercly regional that some of the steam enthusiasts are, it may be useful to tell us where your second property is.
You also mention that you're a small hotelier, but I was always taught to be confident, no matter what your height or size may be.

Established Member
Mary queen of scots
Bont Y Bermo
Richard Trevithick
Balchder y Cymoedd
Loch Rannoch
Pectinidae
Caerphilly Castle
Mirlees Pioneer

to name a few :P :FROTH: :FROTH:

4SRKT

Established Member
Mary queen of scots
Bont Y Bermo
Richard Trevithick
Balchder y Cymoedd
Loch Rannoch
Pectinidae
Caerphilly Castle
Mirlees Pioneer

to name a few :P :FROTH: :FROTH:

Or going back a few years on the same theme you could have British Steel Skinningrove, but maybe this wouldn't present the right image..........

Status
Not open for further replies.