• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway Industry Standard for Train Driver Selection (Issue 4 - Consultation open)

DNCharingX

Noticed this. Not a "job" per se but I thought others may also be interested in it. I love these sort of long documents so I guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

RIS-3751-TOM is the railway standard that "governs" Train Driver recruitment, and includes the psychometric assessment process. The current Issue 3 came into force on 06/06/2015. This issue is proposed to come out in December 2024.

Consultation link and documents (draft): https://consultations.rssb.co.uk/consultations/?id=301690e8-7a01-ef11-9f89-000d3ad7b012

Consultation Title Consultation on Psychometric Assessment in Train Driver Selection
Consultation ID 1124
Consultation Start Date 23/04/2024
Consultation End Date 22/05/2024
Response Query Date Any queries on the RSSB response must be received by this date.
Consultation Summary RIS-3751-TOM issue 4 outlines the agreed industry process for the psychometric assessment used during the selection process for train driver candidates who will drive on the GB mainline railway.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greatkingrat

Established Member
The main proposed change, seems to be allowing a third "life", although the third attempt must be at least five years after the first failure.

Samzino

I wonder if some of these changes will lead to a refresh of lost lives, if so could be good for those who've lost all two.

AverageJoe

I’ve not read it but for those that have what does it mean for those who recently passed all the psychometrics but weren’t offered a job?

Does theirs get reset or does it still remain?