• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW - Trainee Conductors - Various Locations (31/03/22)

Saxon79

Next 2 courses are 24th June and 26th August. I'm on the 26th August course even though my assessment day was in February I couldn't start in June because I'm going on holiday. I've been told there are 4 courses this year. One started in February and one in April. So assuming the information I have is correct after the August course there won't be one until 2025.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DeeJay25

I have my medical in Chester next Thursday and if all goes well I am also on the August 26th course.
It's all becoming a bit real now, can't wait.

JonG184

Next 2 courses are 24th June and 26th August. I'm on the 26th August course even though my assessment day was in February I couldn't start in June because I'm going on holiday. I've been told there are 4 courses this year. One started in February and one in April. So assuming the information I have is correct after the August course there won't be one until 2025.
Thank you - I'm on the 24th June course in Chester. Is anyone else on here on the same course?

cw11

Hiya All,

I applied for the trainee train conductor post in a different depot (one that was 5 minutes from me) on the 10th of October last year, i passed the SCAAT and RAAT OPC assessments but failed the TCT, the date I took the TCT was the 8th of November.

I have seen a post for trainee train conductor in depot that is around 55 minutes away, do I have to wait 6 months from the failed TCT to reapply or 6 months from the date of submitting the application? 6 months lands on tomorrow, would I be ok to submit an application tomorrow or would I have to wait until the 9th?

Also, I’ve noticed on my profile with TFW it has the previous application still there with online tests in the progression section, why has this not changed as it was confirmed at the beginning of January bia email that I had failed the TCT?

Finally, If I were lucky enough to manage to secure myself in a talent pool could I be transferred to a depot closer to me if a position came up there?

Thank you,
Chelsey

Tevion539

Hiya All,

I applied for the trainee train conductor post in a different depot (one that was 5 minutes from me) on the 10th of October last year, i passed the SCAAT and RAAT OPC assessments but failed the TCT, the date I took the TCT was the 8th of November.

I have seen a post for trainee train conductor in depot that is around 55 minutes away, do I have to wait 6 months from the failed TCT to reapply or 6 months from the date of submitting the application? 6 months lands on tomorrow, would I be ok to submit an application tomorrow or would I have to wait until the 9th?

Also, I’ve noticed on my profile with TFW it has the previous application still there with online tests in the progression section, why has this not changed as it was confirmed at the beginning of January bia email that I had failed the TCT?

Finally, If I were lucky enough to manage to secure myself in a talent pool could I be transferred to a depot closer to me if a position came up there?

Thank you,
Chelsey
Hi Chelsea,

Considering we're now in May, I believe the six months time frame would've passed regardless, if you failed in November. I believe it goes on the date you failed your test. So go ahead and reapply as soon as you can. Once applied, if you get short listed to the psychometric testing, email recruitment if they send you through the scaat and Raat tests again saying you've already passed these. They should put you through to the TCT again as these were completed in the last two years. But I believe this is their discretion.

My application still says talent pool and I've been with the company well over a year.

You could move closer to the depot of your choice, however in the interview they should ask for your preferred depot(s) in case a course for them comes up sooner. Failing this and you go to the depot applied for, the guideline is you need to be with the company for two years before requesting a transfer/applying for other roles. If the business needs suit, this can be looked over.

cw11

Superb, than you for the info. You have made me feel more positive :)
I shall go ahead and submit an application this afternoon as the close date is on the 9th.

Thanks once again.

Seabass

Given I pass the group assessment and interview…anyone know the average wait time in the talent pool? I’m waiting for the “how long is a piece of string comment” but last I heard they are pushing people through quite quickly.
Hi Jacob. Hope you don't mind me asking but have you had an actual date confirmed for the assessment/interview day?
I've received the email advising you have been successful following all the online tests on the 5th April (below) but nobody has been in contact since this? I'm wondering whether to chase them or maybe leave it a little longer? Many thanks

Dear Candidate

Thank you for completing the recent Trainee Train Conductor testing and thank you for your patience.

Having reviewed the results, we are delighted to inform you that you have been successful on this occasion. Therefore, your application will be progressed to the next steps of the recruitment process.

A member of the team will be in touch within the next few weeks to discuss the next steps.

Kind regards

The Recruitment Team