• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Toton sidings

Status
Not open for further replies.

totonrabbit

Hello I am currently building a website about Toton Sidings and wondered if any members have any memories or photographs they would like to share. I worked in the yards from 1975 - 2000 and was a steadier when the yards were fully operational and with hump shunting still in progress. Most websites that mention Toton concentrate on the Depot and the Locomotives and while I intend to cover these topics I also want to included the Yards and the staff who worked in them. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Totonrabbit
http://18atoton.blogspot.com/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

totonrabbit

Hello ungreat, I have a section on drivers on the toton website but do not have many photos. Do you have any. When I wasnt sleeping I was shunting in the yards. Did you ever work on the jockos at Toton.
Toton Rabbit

ungreat

Hello ungreat, I have a section on drivers on the toton website but do not have many photos. Do you have any. When I wasnt sleeping I was shunting in the yards. Did you ever work on the jockos at Toton.
Toton Rabbit

Many times mate! my email is ungreat [at] ntlworld [dot] com

coalmantrains

I worked at Toton from 1960-68 as a cleaner then a fireman before leaving and joining the fire service.
I worked on the steam and diesel jockos and the stowers.
Finished up on the fully fitted Iron Ore trains to York with Class 9Fs and later the Class 45 diesels.
Some of these stories are in my book "Both Sides of the Fire" published by Finial Publishing and available directly from myself.

Geezertronic

Established Member
Many times mate! my email is

Can I suggest you remove your email address otherwise you're likely to be picked up by the spam bots that trawl websites and forums like this. Just trying to save you an extra 30 emails a day to delete :D (enlarge my what?? :oops:)

You can always PM the OP if you want to distribute your email address (sorry if I am tredding on the Mods toes here, but had something similar happen to me once)

iankemp

hi i am new to this forum but have been interested in railways since i was a very young boy! I live across the road from Toton sidings since i was a baby and my front bedroom used face the yard but now it has become blocked by new builds and the trees that have now grown! i can remember when the shunting used to go on through te night and i listened to the wagons banging buffers. i was wondering if there was any chance of emailing me pictures that you have got as i want to build apart of Toton sidings, the part i wish to build is the high level goods line in to the west side of Toton sidings.

Established Member
Can I suggest you remove your email address otherwise you're likely to be picked up by the spam bots that trawl websites and forums like this. Just trying to save you an extra 30 emails a day to delete :D (enlarge my what?? :oops:)

I think it only picks u an e-mail if its [email protected]

if you add [dot] and [at] spam bots cant pick it up.

iankemp

I am currently modelling abit of the GCR at Loughborough and i want to add a certain part of Toton in to it that carries some history to me as i used to spend many a year down there watching the tankers coming out of murphies oil depot being pulled by a pair of class 31's

(see thread http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7917 )

I was wondering if anone had any pics that they could email me (i guarentee they will not be posted on any other site and that they will remain on my computer for modelling use only!) it is the old goodsline bridge at the south end of Toton yard! If possible any pics of it in use would be of interest to me as well.

I would be very gratefull if any of you can help me out on this matter!

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.