• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seating Plan for First Great Western.

Status
Not open for further replies.

energyman

Can anyone tell me if you can access a seating plan for Standard Carriages on First Great Western? I can't find anything on their site or on Google. We are travelling back from Truro in Carriage A (quiet) in seats 56 & 60. Are these facing each other across a table or completely away from each other ?
Can anyone help? Thanks Energyman.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
They are at a window, opposite each other at a table :)

Failed Unit

Established Member
First Group will not put the seat plans on any of their websites, they consider it a safety and security issue
The only exception is FTPE

Why? That seems totally bizarre how can safety and security be a problem if the seating plan is put on line? I think this is another myth as East Coast and Virgin have no issues having theirs online!

Skimble19

Established Member
Seems a bit odd, FTPE have theirs all over the place, as do East Coast..

fairysdad

London, Surrey... bit of a blur round here...
I'm sure FGW used to put the seating plan on their website :?

Just had a look at their site actually... they used to have quite a good set of pages about their fleet of trains which seems to be gone - some of the info is still there, but not quite the same :(

devon_metro

Established Member
There would be no benefit to FGW putting HST seating plans online since they have two fleets of HSTs, neither of which are strictly diagrammed to any particular workings. 'High Density' and 'Low Density' sets have different layouts and certains seats are missing in LD sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.