• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

class 315 interior refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxea321446

ive just noticed at shenfield that 315809 has recieved new seat covers the same as the 321/4's will all the class recieve the new look interior?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

samuelmorris

Established Member
New seat covers wouldn't do any harm, but I don't think they really need the Abellio corporate identity being pushed on them - they only have the units for another 11 months do they not?

387star

On Moderation
Aren't they national express colours as trialled on 317/6 unis

EM2

Established Member
Doesn't help that a lot of the cushions are in terrible condition, so they still look and feel awful.
I sat on one of the tip-up seats yesterday, and despite the very low back cushion, it was still pretty comfy, thanks to both cushions being new.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I'm surprised the 315s still have the original seating... Those photos gave me a horrible flashback to Merseyrail circa 2003! :o

prod_pep

Established Member
As already mentioned, this is quite surprising considering the 315s are going out of AGA's hands in 2015.

Nice to see this being implemented as the previous design was looking tired on a lot of sets. That said, the new moquette already looks quite faded on 315809!

Doesn't help that a lot of the cushions are in terrible condition, so they still look and feel awful.
I sat on one of the tip-up seats yesterday, and despite the very low back cushion, it was still pretty comfy, thanks to both cushions being new.
The 'quick release' seats do look terrible... most times I get on a 315, at least one of the seats is even missing its cushion altogether :oops: I'm sure those covers will get soiled soon enough by kids putting their feet on the seats / fast food etc... I would have gotten rid of the garish pink interiors before anything else ;)

I think the thread has been written wrong, surely it's 'Class 315 inferior refresh?' :roll:

Last edited:

Established Member
... most times I get on a 315, at least one of the seats is even missing its cushion altogether:

Must be you nicking them then ;), I haven't noticed any missing since they stopped the windows opening wide so the yobbos could actually throw them out of the train.

Still once the 345s arrive there will not be so many complaints about the comfort of the seats, you won't get much of a chance to try them.

Must be you nicking them then ;), I haven't noticed any missing since they stopped the windows opening wide so the yobbos could actually throw them out of the train.

Still once the 345s arrive there will not be so many complaints about the comfort of the seats, you won't get much of a chance to try them.

lol it wasn't me, just the populace of Haringey and Hackney, I guess... I rarely travel on that line, but I still go to the likes of White Hart Lane and Hackney Downs to fix the Tribute ticket machines... but for 38 year old trains in a rough part of town, they have done well :) It will be interesting to see what TfL do to patch them up in their twilight years before the new stock arrives :roll:

prod_pep

Established Member
Had a ride on 315809 last Wednesday on the Shenfield line and although the new seat covers look nice, some of them have already started to come away from the cushions and look messy. It is still to have the DDA modifications.

This unit is also one of the last white ones to keep its old Greater Anglia logos along wih 315832.

colchesterken

On the subject of cushions I got a 321 back the other night. It had a few seats replaced ( due to yobs I guess ) I got to sit on one it was right nice at least 2" thicker than the rest nice and soft. Just goes to show how worn the others are
Please can we have all the seats replaced ?

hassaanhc

Established Member
On the subject of cushions I got a 321 back the other night. It had a few seats replaced ( due to yobs I guess ) I got to sit on one it was right nice at least 2" thicker than the rest nice and soft. Just goes to show how worn the others are
Please can we have all the seats replaced ?

321426 has been done at some point:

GA Class 321 426 by XCountry Photographer, on Flickr

Although technically it is Abellio's old interior colour scheme, as they introduced a new one in late 2012 ;) (E200 buses delivered in Jan/Feb 2013 were the first with it). Seen here on the all-new E400 MMC:

Abellio London (WL) Enviro 400 MMC: Interior by hassaanhc, on Flickr

david_VI

Those grey seats are AGA's? I really thought they were ex NXEA. I didn't think there were any trains around with an actual GA interior?

hassaanhc

Established Member
Those grey seats are AGA's? I really thought they were ex NXEA. I didn't think there were any trains around with an actual GA interior?

Yes that's right actually, even if they kept using it until 2012 in buses after National Express sold the London and Surrey bus operations to them in 2009.

samuelmorris

Established Member
All the ex-Silverlink 321s (421-437) had their old seating changed for the Abellio red & grey livery as shown there. To my knowledge, no ex-FGE units have had this done, and retain their late 90s green/blue colour.

Under NXEA I believe the ex-silverlink units were still running with their old interior (and external livery too for a while!)

deltic08

On Moderation
321426 has been done at some point:

GA Class 321 426 by XCountry Photographer, on Flickr

Just see what can be done with an old train to improve them on cascading. I am sure commuters in the Welsh Valleys will prefer these units to Pacers until newer units become available in the 2020s. Try them in the North first with reconfigured 2+2 seating.

It will be interesting to see what 319362 looks like in a few weeks time.

Last edited by a moderator:

zn1

the 6 yearly Code 6, normally where interior will have new moquette fitted, otherwise its a just a repaint...but things have changed since I was in heavy control

Status
Not open for further replies.