• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

£10 supplement on eurostar from manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughesfowler

One of my colleagues thinks she has heard somewhere that if you get a eurostar ticket there is a supplement available for just £10 to manchester. Anyone heard of this has she been mislead ?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northwichcat

Veteran Member
I don't know the exact terms for this but I do know that if you buy a Manchester-Europe ticket off the Eurostar website you'd pay something like £50 single then on your Manchester-London ticket it would say fare:£10 and on the Eurostar ticket it would say fare:£40.

Normally you can excess a ticket if you want to travel further than usual but I don't know if this applies with Eurostar and I'd be very doubtful of it applying if you stated that you'll collect your ticket at St Pancras.

Ian99

I don't know the exact terms for this but I do know that if you buy a Manchester-Europe ticket off the Eurostar website you'd pay something like £50 single then on your Manchester-London ticket it would say fare:£10 and on the Eurostar ticket it would say fare:£40.

Normally you can excess a ticket if you want to travel further than usual but I don't know if this applies with Eurostar and I'd be very doubtful of it applying if you stated that you'll collect your ticket at St Pancras.

£50 single from Manchester to Europe? Are you sure?

janb

One of my colleagues thinks she has heard somewhere that if you get a eurostar ticket there is a supplement available for just £10 to manchester. Anyone heard of this has she been mislead ?

Many thanks in advance

Well the cheapest possible Advance single ticket from Manchester to London Intl(CIV) is £11, perhaps that is what she has heard about. However it would be very unlikely for that to be available.

I'm going in July and looked as soon as tickets became available and am going to have to have the ordinary £33.20 fare in each direction.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes that'll be an Advance ticket from London International for £11. The fact it's issued from London International means that you are guaranteed to be permitted to get a later train if your Eurostar is delayed.

barrykas

Established Member
Virgin are quoting through fares on their website as being "from" £91 Return for Manchester to Brussels, with the search form on their website punting you off to Eurostar's site.

Having said that, the cheapest I can find at the moment for a couple of random dates in June is £101 (2 x £34.50 Singles on Euro*, 2 x £16.00 Singles on Virgin).

Cheers,

Barry

gordonthemoron

Established Member
I got a single Munich-London (via Brussels Eurostar) for €49 yesterday, travel in July. The onward journey to Leeds will cost another £10

Ian99

I was more interested in the ability to go London to Paris for £50 even ignoring the Manchester part. Am I missing something? Singles London to Paris seem to start at £89 for a journey in 3 weeks time...

northwichcat

Veteran Member
I was more interested in the ability to go London to Paris for £50 even ignoring the Manchester part. Am I missing something? Singles London to Paris seem to start at £89 for a journey in 3 weeks time...

The cheapest Advances are booked further in advance like with dosemtic services. For the 29th June Youth fares are £38, £57 and £72 for non-flexible London-Paris and £39, £73 and £89 for Adult fares.

A60K

I haven't seen £59 returns on eurostar for ages

No - that page of theirs is out of date. The cheapest return to Paris or Brussels has been £69 since December last year. On the other hand, true single fares are now available at a reasonable price, starting at £39. And DB have their through tickets from London to anywhere in Germany via Brussels from £55 single.

Status
Not open for further replies.