• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

‘OP’ meaning

bagels

Hi. I keep seeing the word ‘op’ being thrown around as an abbreviation. Anyone know what it stands for?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Hi. I keep seeing the word ‘op’ being thrown around as an abbreviation. Anyone know what it stands for?
Original/opening post/poster.

You are the OP - original/opening poster of this thread.

This is the OP - original/opening post of this thread.

:)

HBP

On this forum

Odd Person
Overly Pedantic
Original Poster/ opening post

Can be all three at the same time.

oxfordray1

Although a more important meaning of 'OP' amongst my friends is Old Peculiar, specifically Theakstons Old Peculiar! Especially when found on cask.

DelW

Established Member
Although a more important meaning of 'OP' amongst my friends is Old Peculiar, specifically Theakstons Old Peculiar! Especially when found on cask.
Just to be Overly Pedantic (ref post #4), that should be "Old Peculier".

The name pays tribute to the unique ecclesiastical status of Masham as a ‘Court of the Peculier’ and is also a reference to the strong characteristic of the beer!

Peculier is a beautiful, yet very simple beer, brewed using a very generous blend of finest pale, crystal, and roasted barley with two bitter hops combined with the majestic and noble Fuggle’ hop to produce a beer of awesome full-bodied flavour with subtle cherry and rich fruit overtones.