• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

‘Sleeper Business’ fare

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Q18

Hi all,

I‘m trying to book a Caledonian Sleeper ticket from Euston to Inverness through the corporate booking system my employer uses. The choices of fare are ‘Flexible Seating Single‘ (£75), ‘Super Off Peak Single‘ (£192.60), ’Anytime Single’ (£197) and ‘Sleeper Business’ (£320). I’d assume the first three do not include a berth and the last does, but there’s nothing explicitly saying either way. Unfortunately the current booking system we use won’t show which seat/berth is actually reserved until after purchase, and £320 is a lot of the firm’s money to spend to find out it’s not what I’m after! So, does anyone here know whether a Sleeper Business fare includes a berth, or not? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1Q18

Are the different fare types not explained on the Caledonian Sleeper website?

I had a look, wasn’t able to find any mention of it. I’m assuming it’s a product only available through corporate channels and not via the public site.

Zooty

All of the fares are listed here:

That sleeper business fare is listed under "advance purchase fares - standard class" but does seem to include a first class (club) room. There are many other advance fares listed but not all will still be available on your chosen service.

1Q18

All of the fares are listed here:

That sleeper business fare is listed under "advance purchase fares - standard class" but does seem to include a first class (club) room. There are many other advance fares listed but not all will still be available on your chosen service.
Excellent, thank you :)

island

Veteran Member
As I understand it, "sleeper business" is like "Scottish executive", a first class ticket at first class price which has been added to the system electronically identified as standard class, so as to allow business travellers to circumvent their employers' policies which mandate standard class travel.

It does include a berth.

Status
Not open for further replies.