• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

00 Gauge Class 142 Kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy91125

Hi there, I've been looking for a motorised kit version of a Class 142 to use on my proposed layout. Being sold on the web is fine but if there is a shop it has to be in Northumberland/Tyne and Wear. If anyone can help with finding a few would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

REVISED QUESTION
If there is any modern kit for sale please tell me on this thread! (When I mean modern; DMUs, DEMUs, EMUs, Intercity 125/225!)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Monty

Established Member
No such kit exists afaik, though Hornby do have really old tooling of a class 142. Could always have a go at trying to super detail one.

fgwrich

Established Member
It rather depends on how long your prepared to wait, but Realtrack Models have hinted that their next project is a super detail 142 - partly surprisingly because the 142s and 144s have very near identical chassis. But when I say be prepared to wait, the 144 has taken around 2/3 years to come to fruition, although with the chassis work already done it could take Realtrack much less.

fgwrich

Established Member
They are working on a 143 at the moment?

Yes. The 144 was designed alongside the 143, with the 144 to come out first. Now that that challenge has been completed, work is now apace on the artworks of the 143s and these should be out around the later half of the year. Doesn't stop them working on a 142 behind the scenes though - they've not yet revealed their next DMU project they're working on, but have showed some interest in doing a 142 including a look at one during their measuring exercise of the 144 in Newton Heath.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.