• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

0900 Glasgow-Penzance today

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This is a 4-car Voyager - oh dear! It's also running late. So if anyone is thinking of catching this from Birmingham or Bristol, avoid it if at all possible!

Anyway the guard is making some interesting announcements, for example change here at Sheffield for Manchester London Road via Woodhead, which has lightened the mood! :lol: Has anyone had this guard before?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

neilmc

When travelling from Manchester to Bristol, I've learnt to select the trains which actually terminate or start at Bristol. The 15.00 Temple Meads to Manchester is quite pleasant until Birmingham, whereas the 16.00 (which I think originates at Paignton) is a horror and often late.

Requeststop

When travelling from Manchester to Bristol, I've learnt to select the trains which actually terminate or start at Bristol. The 15.00 Temple Meads to Manchester is quite pleasant until Birmingham, whereas the 16.00 (which I think originates at Paignton) is a horror and often late.

One of the reasons I avoid travelling beyond Bristol is the thought of a 4 car voyager, packed to the gunnels from Truro northwards. I've been on the opposite platform at Truro and seen 200 passengers trying to board one. No Thanks! Imagine being stuck in one for hours all the way up to Glasgow, Dundee or even Aberdeen! I'd rather drive and fly from NQY!

Bayum

Established Member
What other rolling stock would be on this service?

No matter which xx:12 service from Leeds I took to Penzance on a fortnightly basis it was always a 4 car voyager, possibly with a super voyager.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What other rolling stock would be on this service?
Well, it was an HST in 2008 on certain days, but nearly all the trains via Leeds are 5-car Voyagers, so that is what I'd expect. Some services (though not many) are formed of 2 x Voyagers so would be 8-car (or more).

Status
Not open for further replies.