• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

101 Cab

Status
Not open for further replies.

metrocammel

http://www.railcar.co.uk/pics/Preserved/100-109/101/51177.htm

Although not my photographs, I thought I'd add this gallery Stuart Makay has produced for his railcar website, as he actually did the restoration. It is currently in my garden in a blue shrink wrap, and when the platform is built up around it, I am, (with the reccomendation by Yorkie) going to organise an "open day" at my house! (in Ashton-u-L)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Perhaps we could save a 101 cab and create it into a BVE Simulator ;)

Good Pix :)

Met Driver

Established Member
Chaz said:

Which reminds me, is the panel in good nick or is it just an external job for now?

metrocammel

Seth said:
Chaz said:

Which reminds me, is the panel in good nick or is it just an external job for now?

It has has a full exterior & interior refurb, although at the moment there are a couple of guages missing, such as rev counter and speedo (though ive improvised there, and put an ex class 86 speedo in for the time being) Other than that everything works (except the horn sadly- though the handle is there - but theres no compressor, so the wipers dont work either)
The under seat AWS box is there (as is the sunflower) but is unoperational. The front marker lights work, the heacode box (fixed at A1) lights up. There are also some other buttons & lights that work, and the reverser, gear changer and throttle are all there, though at the moment I have no brakes (!), as someone at Caerwent nicked the brake handle, but I should have on of those before long, and also theres also a lit store cupboard at the back (in the pax area) At the moment there is no blind either, but the mechanism is there, and i have an ex Tyseley DMU blind, but i need the fitting for it.
Im very excited for the day it is finally unveiled, but it might be Christmas at least yet, so Yorkies Easter time meet should be OK- (touch wood)

Met Driver

Established Member
Aureol said:
Where the hell is it now?

See:

metrocammel said:
Although not my photographs, I thought I'd add this gallery Stuart Makay has produced for his railcar website, as he actually did the restoration. It is currently in my garden in a blue shrink wrap, and when the platform is built up around it, I am, (with the reccomendation by Yorkie) going to organise an "open day" at my house! (in Ashton-u-L)

metrocammel

Aureol said:
Where the hell is it now? I've not seen it for ages!
First it was on a flat wagon at Swanwick, then it moved to Butterley, and now it's gone! :shock:

Actually it wasnt on a flat wagon at Swanwick (or not for any period of time!) As it arrived in about March 2004, then lay dormant for a long time, until Steve Houston(?) sorted out the frame it now sits on. By now this was about late 2004 early 2005. It was then moved by rail (on the flat wagon) to Butterley, Where Stuart did his stuff at super-quick speed, though still with great attention to quality & detail. By around June / July this year it was low-loaded to a place in Stoke - on - Trent, where it was taken again by low loader, now complete with blue shrink wrap to hide it from any projectile throwing chavs en-route, to Ashton under Lyne, where it currently resides, awaiting a platform (!)

TheSlash

Established Member
The standard driver's brake handle and gear stick 'spoon' are detachable so the brake handle was probably removed when the unit was withdrawn from service

metrocammel

Stuart found a reversing "spoon", so we have on of them, but as for the brake handles, they are harder to come by, even Railpart, the people who supply the rail industry with spare parts for things cant get hold of them, and there was one selling on E-Bay (with a reversing handle) for over £50!!! - so it would be cheaper to get a new one made I imagine! Im still on the hunt for a carraige key as well!!, at the moment using conviniently sized screwdriver to get into the cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.