• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

14:50 Aberdeen to London Kings Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuna84

Am on the aforementioned train and just a heads up that this unit has been turned at Newcastle due to a fault with the front (now rear) power car, already 30 mins down thanks to this fault, hopefully the Finsbury Park problems will be fixed before we get down there! On a side note, I am traveling with a 1st advance from ABD to London Kings Cross, with my intended final destination being Kings Langley (via Euston). I know that technically stopping short is not allowed but if it looks like the train is delayed so much that I will miss the 00:34 from Euston (last service) would it be possible to get off the East Coast service at Stevenage which is probably easier to be picked from. I would imagine that the on board guard/train manager might possibly be able to endorse this.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Am on the aforementioned train and just a heads up that this unit has been turned at Newcastle due to a fault with the front (now rear) power car, already 30 mins down thanks to this fault, hopefully the Finsbury Park problems will be fixed before we get down there! On a side note, I am traveling with a 1st advance from ABD to London Kings Cross, with my intended final destination being Kings Langley (via Euston). I know that technically stopping short is not allowed but if it looks like the train is delayed so much that I will miss the 00:34 from Euston (last service) would it be possible to get off the East Coast service at Stevenage which is probably easier to be picked from. I would imagine that the on board guard/train manager might possibly be able to endorse this.

East Coast will have a responsibility to get you to your destination or to put you up iirc but speak with the guard about that before you leave the train as there may not be any staff around at Euston or Kings Cross.

IMO you'd be entitled to stop short because you cannot reasonably complete your journey within one day which is not considered break of journey

cuna84

Ty for the quick response, well since my ticket is only valid as far as Kings Cross and I normally buy, a single on the day from Euston to Kings Langley (which ill be doing today) so in theory East Coast if sticking to their guns could not let me off at Stevenage, but any common sense and logical thinking would be that logistically it's easier for me if it looks like I'll miss the 00:34, which at the moment, touch wood, isn't an issue, to get off at Stevenage and face the perils of the M1 :p. But as we know, the railways don't often think logically :p

marks87

Established Member
How was it turned? Back out the way it came in, then across High Level bridge?

cuna84

Yep, it confused some of the crew that had just got on at the crew change, there were mutterings of "aren't we going the wrong way" followed by panicked looks :p

junglejames

Established Member
Its a shame you havent already got your ticket to Kings Langley, but 99% of staff would not have a problem with you getting off at Stevanage in the event of a large delay.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There won't be a problem getting off at Stevenage I'm sure! I doubt the barriers will be in operation but even if they are I can't see a problem. A certain helpful member of this forum may be there if he's on duty ;) Oh, and you may not miss the 0034 as that would require a 120+ minute late arrival into KGX, and there's 10 mins slack south of Stevenage. 110 minutes delay seems to be the maximum so I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.