• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

158706 - Out of traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodie

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Not sure which sub thread to use.

I've been following the whereabouts of 158706 since January using RTT.
As the data on RTT only goes back one week, I write up what services she works so I have an overview of 2021 for 706.

She was on the Far North lines last Saturday (6th November) and hasn't been seen since.
Last working was 2H76 2221 Tain - Inverness.

Can anyone confirm if 706 is currently undergoing an examination?

I don't think I've missed her leaving Inverness.
She must be due as apart from the occasional day off (Sundays usually) the only other length of time she was not out and about was from February 1st to February 5th. Again at Inverness.

I notice that 158701 reappeared this week too. Not seen her around for a while. Has 706 replaced 701?

I'd be very interested and equally grateful for any info about Scotrail's maintenance schedule for their 158s.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superalbs

Established Member
Pretty sure I saw it inside of Inverness depot when I was there on Monday night. Sounds familiar. Could be wrong.

Bodie

Thanks,

Was doubting myself that'd 706 had slipped out of Inverness without me noticing. Hence the post but good to hear your pretty sure she was inside the depot Monday night.

Bodie

Oh wow!

Which service was she working when the tree was struck?

There were delays to the services she worked last Saturday but nothing major.
+19 being the latest arrival.
Weather was terrible last Saturday, so most likely day for tree fall to happen.

Though she did end up +72 at Helmsdale on the 1st of November. Another possibility but nearly a week before being stopped probably isn't right.

Thanks for confirming.

87electric

It is possible to view RTT data that goes back for 3 months and not just a week. Pick a current working and just changed the day/month in the browser. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. As an example I found 158701 worked 1H29 Aberdeen - Inverness for 20th August.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Not sure which sub thread to use.

I've been following the whereabouts of 158706 since January using RTT.
As the data on RTT only goes back one week, I write up what services she works so I have an overview of 2021 for 706.

She was on the Far North lines last Saturday (6th November) and hasn't been seen since.
Last working was 2H76 2221 Tain - Inverness.

Can anyone confirm if 706 is currently undergoing an examination?

I don't think I've missed her leaving Inverness.
She must be due as apart from the occasional day off (Sundays usually) the only other length of time she was not out and about was from February 1st to February 5th. Again at Inverness.

I notice that 158701 reappeared this week too. Not seen her around for a while. Has 706 replaced 701?

I'd be very interested and equally grateful for any info about Scotrail's maintenance schedule for their 158s.

Thanks
It*

Status
Not open for further replies.