• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

17.30 York - Kings Cross 16 November

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennorthyork

We were due to catch the 17.30 York - Kings Cross on Friday 16 November. I text 84950 to find out if it was on time. I got a response saying cancelled. The next train due out was the 17.56. So I rang National Rail enquiries to check. They said that train was running late.

On arriving at the station at 17.20 the 17.30 didn't appear on the departure board, even as a cancelled train. But there was a mysterious 17.29. I was told that restrictions were lifted so to catch the next train. It was the delayed 17.29 but it was full and standing so with a 5 year old and a baby the station staff said I could catch the next train which was also full and standing. So we caught the 18.01 instead. I have 2 questions I was hoping you could help answer please. There is no 17.29 on the timetable. Please can someone tell me why? Second, am I entitled to any compensation and if so what proportion of the ticket price? In theory I could have caught one of the full and standing trains which would have left me less than 30 minutes late. But I caught the 18.01 which left me about 45 minutes late. Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bennorthyork

Thanks Yorkie. I get the delay repay percentages - my question is what happens in my specific case. I could have caught a train and stood up with child and baby to London and been delayed less than 30 minutes but I "chose" with the backing of station staff to catch a later train to be able to sit. That made me later.

Also, where did the 17.29 come from? Thanks

iphone76

Whenever this has happened to me (with Greater Anglia), I normally put in a little post-it note on my claim form explaining I was unable to board x,y,z train as they were too busy and thank them for their time looking at my claim. They have always paid out. :D

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks Yorkie. I get the delay repay percentages - my question is what happens in my specific case. I could have caught a train and stood up with child and baby to London and been delayed less than 30 minutes but I "chose" with the backing of station staff to catch a later train to be able to sit. That made me later.
You had a reservation on the 1730, which was cancelled and you were advised to take the 1801, so I'd say Delay Repay certainly should apply in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.